“Efficient stop for those non-busy weekends” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hamburgers
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout, Late Night
Toronto, Canada
“Efficient stop for those non-busy weekends”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

Its a great stop don't get me wrong. I loved eating in the old trains as a kid growing up and still do.
The burgers are average so don't expect a fancy sit down restaurant with an elaborate burger being served. Its just a plain of burger combo and the Fries definitely need improvement.

But they are very good at what they do here and that's make alot of food quickly for alot of people. A tradition to stop by here every year and I keep it running!

• Visited August 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Orillia, Canada
“Disregard the comments below..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

I don't know what everyone's complaining about. Weber's is excellent. The burgers are always good and everything is always fresh so someone must just have a hate on for this place. Their buns actually come from an excellent local bakery and their burgers are fresh and never frozen. As for being too cheap, Weber's is priced accordingly as it is fast service and doesn't provide discounts for "combo's". Complaining about having to wait well I'm sorry but you must be some sort of "high class" business man or CEO. You have to wait because they are busy, and people are ahead of you. As for pushing past you to go to the til, the space is limited they're a seasonal business. What do you expect they've had to walk beside the row of customer's since they opened.

My only complaint about Weber's is their fries are often cold when you recieve them because they fill the containers before the burger is ready trying to make everything go faster.

MILKSHAKES = EXCELLENT

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Local landmark needs a bit more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

Let me start off by stating I’m not someone who likes bashing restaurants, especially local landmarks. I stopped in this place 30 years ago and couldn’t figure out what all the fuss was about. I stopped in yesterday, a Monday in the off-season, to give it one more try. As usual, the line-up was out the door with about a dozen customers. There’s a young man who works the line-up, taking your orders before you get to the cash.

The gentlemen in front of me wanted bbq sauce, “We don’t have any’, I’ll take hot peppers then, ‘We don’t have any,’... “Fried onions?’ It almost became humorous, as Webers offers a minimum of condiments. I don’t even think they have mayonnaise. I looked at the grill and seeing that the burgers are thin, I asked for a double ‘medium rare’.

Then two people are working the cash, one kept squeezing me out of the way to get to the cash behind me. People are taking lots of photos, as if they have never seen a grill before.

When I make it to the prep area, I have to wait for my burger. Webers only makes two things, burgers or hotdogs and I still have to wait? The efficiency of this place is a myth - they need a bigger grill. The hot dog was sitting in a tray (pre-cooked) and when my order was called the cook put it on the grill to re-heat it (lucky I ordered it for my dog, no joke) - this was not typical as I did see fresh hotdogs put on the grill. My burger was dry, overcooked (there’s little to prevent that given how thin the patty is). Best thing about the burger was the bun.

So long as people are lining out the door, why would management need to change a thing? Stop in, soak it up and judge for yourself.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Crappy below-standard food, great atmosphere, amazingly efficient service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

Really crappy below-standard food, great atmosphere, amazingly efficient service - I've been seeing this spot for years but have never been a customer until recently. On the way home after an Algonquin trip, my friends and I made an effort to stop over at Weber's (Sept 2010). You can't help but have high expectations of the place given its own bridge over the highway, super long line-up and endless amounts of outdoor seating, decorations, fixtures and even entire retro train carriages used for washrooms and seating. The prices on the menu were the first clue to crappy food... prices are too cheap to deliver quality goods. The burgers were thin and obviously from-frozen factory burgers without any chunky texture (as if they were squeezed out of a tube). The bread was atrocious... obviously dry 3-day old super market buns... you know the kind that just breaks apart and is too light and airy. Fries were pitiful... way too skinny. The gravy was like water!!! Some owner out there is laughing all the way to the bank... cutting on product and using cheap student labour. Even free burgers at charity BBQ's are better than this stuff. I was really disappointed from my first bite and just left the place in wonderment... why are people coming back???

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, Ontario
“Keep driving - do not stop here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

Talk about resting on your laurels. No more is Webers a mandatory stop on the way to cottage country.

We stopped there, for the last time I might add, last Thursday and could not have been more disappointed. Bland, tasteless burgers with minimal toppingsand no hint of any charcoal. Fries are no better than any chain fries, and in fact, worse than many. And watery fountain drinks.

Webers as THE place to stop is now a busted myth. You are more likely to find the sasquatch at Webers than you are to find edible food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere