“Nice but not sure a 3 star rating applies” 3 of 5 stars

Le Mirage
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   288 Route 132, Perce, Quebec G0C 2L0, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Perce
Virginia
“Nice but not sure a 3 star rating applies”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

The outstanding aspects of this hotel is the view - incredible of the town, Perce Rock, Bonadventure Island, and the the ocean and the excellent breakfast that is offered although somewhat expensive. Our room was basic but satisfactory and fairly good size. For a three star we expected nice toiletries not a couple of little packets and COFFEE!... either a coffee maker in our room our in the reception area. The first day I walked up to ask about coffee and asked if I wanted small or large and I said small. When the two small coffees were handed to me, the waitress said $3.50!! I had no money with me and they added it to my room charge. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It should be noted that the hotel is on a very steep hill 1/3 mile from the town of Perce. After his first attempt, my husband, who is unable to walk steep hills easily, we had to hire a taxi each time to get back to the hotel. Although I liked the hotel I think before I'd stay there I'd try one of the other 3 or 4 star hotels right in town on the water and the boardwalk.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — No coffee and difficulty climbing steep hill from town
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2007

Third time returning to Le Mirage. The 2 suites are as on the web site. Hardwood floors, large rooms, large patio doors, nice patio, beautiful french country furniture, mini fridge, etc. Bathrooms are ordinary but clean. For the price, toiletries should be provided and they should be upscale. Not sure about a coffee maker in the room - we don't drink the stuff. One suite has a king bed and huge fire place, and living area. The other suite has 2 double/queen beds, and living area. Very Very nice. Judging from the other reviews - not all the rooms are as beautiful

• Liked — Suites are very spacious and nicely decorated and have a great view. Love the patio.
  • Disliked — Restricted times for swimming pool
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
new london
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2006

I CANNOT believe that this hotel is ranked as the #1 hotel in Perce. I made a Big mistake believing those reviews and booked this hotel despite a 50 CAD/night higher rate than other 3 star hotels in the area. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were disappointed to find out that the hotel is on the opposite side of the street from the water and does not have a direct access to the boardwalk, although it does have a water view. Once we checked into our room, it was not nearly as nice as shown on its website. The room has good size, but with carpet floor (NOT hard wood floor as shown on the website). The decoration is basic and the bath room is EXACTLY what you normally see in a cheap motel room. There was no coffee maker provided in our room, which I found it unacceptable as a 3-star hotel. When we called to ask about a coffee maker, we were told that we could get coffee in the reception area. However, we were charged $1/cup! I learn my lesson that tripadvisor reviews are not always accurate, especially if there are only a few of them.

• Liked — None
  • Disliked — Over price, small and run-down bathroom, no coffee maker in room and charge $1/cup for coffee in the reception area
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not always believe reviews in Tripadvisor.com
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

Spent three days at Le Mirage, Perce, Quebec after booking it over the net.
Decorating in rooms were very attractive (perhaps French Country?) as was the breakfast dining room. Dining room too hot if you arrived later in the morning for breakfast however food was good with attractive resentation.Staff were very helpful.
View was spectacular, especially sunrise, where sun would shine through the hole in Perce rock and it looks like the water is on fire. Worth getting up at 5:00 a.m. for (see posted photo.)
Activites in town of sea kayaking, whale watching, walking along the boardwalk. Nice ocean front park for kids. Beach pebbly need to drive towards Bay of Chaleur for better beaches. When at rock, watch for falling rocks as my daughter was hit and back cut. Walking out to rock at low tide means soaking wet pants and slipping on rocks.Whale watching was fun, saw the same three whales about twenty times in two hours and a half.
Romantic spot and even appreciated by my three kids.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2003

Stayed at Hotel June /2003 Very clean,and fresh excellant breakfasts.beautifully presented. Staff very friendly.and helpful Would return to this hotel/motel for sure.

Been to Le Mirage? Share your experiences!