“B à n d i t” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Canadian
“B à n d i t”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

No service / food price is so high / its lobster Town and the price is Like heaven/ these owner should not operate à tourist spot Like this/ so beautiful / dishes uncleaned/ poor service (women is Like à terror). And thé old Guy should. Be. Slap before death / even thé parking employee suggest people to avoid this restaurant/ be careful even if your Wallet CAN afford anthing its the worst expérience Ever with my familly./ tourist trap / hope new owners soon / tourist industry is stuck with bandit Like that...
This is pure fraud !!!!! AVOID this spot any time dont waste your vacation by going There /////

• 2 of 5 stars Food

Montreal, Canada
“Nice food, bad service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

We went a couple times there during our stay in Percé, there is an old man at the door that looks like the boss and is rude. The location is beautiful, but don't expect polite or good service from the staff. I recommend the brandade de morue, it was excellent. Their lobster plate was also good because of their garlic butter (tasted like heaven).

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Campbellton, Canada
“Worst Service/Food/Experience EVER!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We went to this restaurant on July 28, 2012, with a group of friends, it was truly the worst dining experience ever. The older gentleman gruffly greated us at the door, pulling his money out of his pocket and counting it while telling us that we would be seated in a bit, he also told us that we could not eat on the deck - they did not allow it. We waited about half hour for the waitress (wife of older gentleman) came to take our orders, my friend said that we would like to start with drinks, she told us that she was taking our "food" order now and that we could order drinks later, my friend asked if they had a children's menu, to which she responded very rudely "NO"!! We proceeded to give our orders, she was angry with us they whole time, when all the food orders where given, she took our drink orders, then proceeded to 4 other tables before taking our orders to the kitchen. We waited about an hour for our food, which when arrived, we were starving and began eating quickly even tho it did not look as ordered, after the first few mouthfuls we realized that the food was not good, barely edible (hunger had gottent the best of us for the first couple minutes) . While we were sitting there 6 tables got up and left before or just after being served. Most of our food was burnt or really overcooked and it is obvious that the cook does not have any idea what he/she is doing. While we were eating the elderly gentleman was out patroling the guests outside and clearing the tables outside by throwing the garbage on the beach and yelling at people who looked at the menu and decided not to stay, saying that they had to move their car. When I went to the cash I was told that our whole table's bill was together, even tho we said it was not to be billed together and that we had to do that at the cash, after an eyeroll and a sigh I was asked what I was paying for. I paid and went to speak to the owner/wife/server and voiced my disappointment, to which she sarcasitcally responded "Sooorrrry!!" and offered no compensation of any sort. People like this should not work in the hospitality industry, and should not be ambassidors of a beautiful town.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Decent service, food lacking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

ALthough providing a beautiful view, this is a tourist trap in a tourist town. Overpriced -- even beyond what one might already expect in Perce. Much better options are available elsewhere.

Visited July 2012
Toronto
“Bad food, overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

When leaving our motel today, I almost went back in to look on TripAdvisor for a place to have dinner. I didn't. My partner, my wallet, and I all regret it.

The best thing about this place is the building and location -- it is right on the water, and the interior is very pleasant. We had a table at the window looking out on the water.

Before we went in, we looked at the menu posted outside. It should've been a warning that for each section of the menu it only said, "Prices starting at..." with the lowest price noted, but no specifics for each item. But there was a wide array of options, including an extensive sandwich menu.

After we were seated and got the menus, we saw that there were no sandwiches on it. We asked and were told that they weren't available in the evening. By that time, we were tired & hungry and decided just to stay instead of looking for another place. We ordered minestrone (utterly tasteless, just like water with overcooked vegetables in it), salmon in butter & lemon (which appeared to have neither butter nor lemon on it), and an order of their baked french fries which were touted as a specialty (those were the best thing we had). Much of the food went uneaten and the bill was exorbitant.

I will also say that during our Gaspesie trip we were constantly amazed and touched by the friendliness of people when they learned that we did not speak French (other than a few phrases). More often than not, people apologized to *us* for not speaking more English, and enthusiastically worked with us to figure out how to communicate. This restaurant was the first time when it seemed like the people working there were put off and put out by our inability to speak French.

• Visited July 2012