“Good food, nice staff” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 40 Restaurants in Gananoque
Cuisines: Italian, Continental, Canadian, Pasta
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Trinity House Inn offers an inviting atmosphere based on comfortable elegance.Celebrated cuisine and a wine list that includes a comprehensive selection of Estate and VQA wines can be enjoyed by the fireplace or on the pergola sun terrace overlooking waterfall gardens.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good food, nice staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

First, the food here was very good. We tried the three-course special, and it was fine. The salad was a bit wilted from over-dressing, but the boeuf bourguignon was delicious and it was served with a tasty risotto. The dessert, tiramisu, satisfied the sweet tooth. Two complaints: the table cloth was dirty, and the gin martini was the stingiest I have ever seen! There was almost no one there, and the service was good and friendly. Was it worth $100? Not quite.

Visited August 2013
jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your review.I apologize for the table cloth.I only noticed it when serving dinner to you.Unfortunately it was not laundered after the breakfast service which is normally the case.
I made your "stingy" martini.Our martinis contain 2 oz.of alcohol as stated on our bar menu which is regulated by Ontario drinking laws.I realize our drinks may not have the"kick" like some south of the border but Ontario has a zero tolerance for drinking and driving which affects alcohol service.

Toronto
“Delicious... AGAIN!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely dinner at Trinity House 2 years ago. We've talked about it ever since and decided to make the trip to Gananoque just to have another meal there. It was wonderful. I think one of the reasons the food is good is they don't exhaust themselves with a big menu. I am always wary when a restaurant has a 4 page menu. I much prefer a succinct menu, where all the food is prepared perfectly.

I had the steak, and my husband had the special of the day, a pan seared chicken breast with a salsa topping. The winner of the meal was the tomato bisque. Yum!

The berry crumble for dessert could have had a bit more "crumble" on the top (I think it sort of sunk into the berries) ...but if that's my biggest complaint, that's a great thing!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I am pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience again.Your patronage is most appreciated.Thank you for taking the time to provide a review.
Toronto, Canada
“Lovely dinner and overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our overnight reservations at another establishment didn't pan out. Jacques was able to accommodate us, almost at the last minute. We decided to try the Inn's dining room and found the food and the atmosphere to be wonderful. There is a friendly ambience at The Trinity House, complete with Jacques 2 "nice doggies" Chloe and Roxie. The back garden is quiet and a beautiful place to enjoy a summer evening. We had a good night's sleep and an ample breakfast at the Inn before heading on our way.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.I am pleased that you enjoyed your overnight stay,breakfast and dinner.
Regards
Kingston, Canada
“Excellent cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Trinity House is a beautiful place and food is exceptional. It is a restaurant for special occasions or for folks who have no dining out budget. Excellent cuisine comes at a cost.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for your review and taking the time to do it.I am pleased that you enjoyed your Dining experience here.My staff and I appreciate your feedback.
Owner
Lansdowne, Canada
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I had dinner at the Trinity House last night and had a fabulous meal....everything was done to perfection and oh so delicious...this is a real gem in Gananoque!! Jacques is always so accommodating and friendly, Clarisse was so pleasant and attentive!! We highly recommend it!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thankyou for taking the time to write a review.I am pleased that you enjoyed you dining experience.Thankyou for your feedback.