“very disappointed with meal” 2 of 5 stars

1 (613) 382-3083
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 40 Restaurants in Gananoque
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Canadian, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: BEST PIZZA IN TOWN - Pizza "Second To None"Downtown Patio, heart of the CityDELIVERY in and out-of townGroups/Buses Welcome!!!
Brampton, Canada
“very disappointed with meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

my husband had fish and chips, and he said not bad. mine however was awful. I had chicken parmesan and was concerned over the chicken. it had a side of spaghetti that was woefully overcooked. the sauce tasted homemade . I asked the server what kind of chicken, for example was it pressed chicken because it tasted and felt hard. she did not understand what I was asking, she kept saying it is a breast of chicken. just did not bother and left it. the bruchetta was not good. the bread was barely toasted, the tomato sauce on top was good and there was some feta which elevated it a bit. I had a coffee, and was never offered a refill. they advertised they make the best pizza. wish now I had tried that instead. we were bothered by a noisy side room bar where it was karaoke or elvis impersonator with a loud mic, dreadful. would not go back, except maybe for a take out pizza to try.

Laval, Canada
“BEWARE!! They are crooks!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Went to Moroni's for a family dinner on August 19th! Upon entering the restaurant, we were told by the hostess/waitress of the 2 specials of the evening which were 1/2 price. She repeated these specials at least 3 other times. Our party ordered 3 dishes from the special of the day. Upon receiving our bill, we see that they were not charged at half price as stated but at their full regular price! We asked her why, and she told us directly to our faces that she never said that that specific dish was on special!!!! She didn't make any attempt to fix the situation and we paid our bill in full!
Do not go there, it is not worth it, they are crooks and their food is horrible!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Food okay, but slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

On our way through town we stopped for lunch. There seemed to be a lot of different eateries along their Main Street and we opted for Moronis. The staff was prompt and pleasant - and the menu was fairly typical. The decor was a bit odd and could use a makeover - but relatively clean. We ordered burgers and fries. Even though the service was a little slow, it met our needs. I don't know if I would make a special effort to go back....

“Unplesant experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

You have to wait too long for the waiter to come take orders, again too long for the food to come, does not taste very good, again too long waiting for the bill, the waiter attitude not nice, never smile, he discuss the percentage of the tips that we should pay!!! Very unpleasant experience in general, Will never go back to this place.

Gananoque, Canada
“Stay Away, RUN FAR!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Having MORON in their name is definitely appropriate. Everything seemed to happen in "tens". We were seated quickly, but it took at least ten minutes for a waitress to take our order. No kids menu was given, but she told us there was grilled cheese and fries, chicken fingers and fries and spaghetti for kids (weak kids menu, average). It took 10 minutes for my husbands French onion soup to come out. It was Ok. It was about another 10 minutes and my sons grilled cheese came out. In about another 10 minutes my in-laws pizza came out. This was ridiculous, people that came in after us had already been served their full meals and were almost done. In another 10 minutes my husbands meal came out. They called it Carbonara, wasn't great. At that point mine hasn't come out. All I had ordered was 2 appetizers, nothing fancy. I told her to cancel it, I was done waiting. My husband was done the carbonara, there was one slice if my in laws pizza left, about 10 minutes had passed.....and she came out with my zucchini and sweet potato fries that I had cancelled, um, NO! My entire family was already done eating. They were VERY incompetent, never refilled our drinks and super poor service. It was LOUD and it wasn't full in the dining area. Their excuse was that there was a party going in in the other room. I'm a paying customer and it was highly unprofessional for them to bring the food out so sporadically. Not sure how they call it a Greek restaurant, only 4 Greek entrees -pork souvlaki, chicken souvlaki,lamb and another chicken dish. You'll be happier and more satisfied if you go to McDonalds.

• Visited July 2013