“Try the buffalo pie” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 41 Restaurants in Gananoque
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Sydney, Australia
“Try the buffalo pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

A friend took me to Gananoque on our way from Toronto to Montreal, and this pub is where we had lunch. I had the buffalo pie and, while I was expecting pieces of buffalo rather than mince, it tasted great and was nicely presented. Very good value for money and friendly staff make this themed pub a really pleasant experience, so much so that I came back a week later for a 2-day holiday and I ate dinner at the pub both nights.

The desserts are really big and well worth having, the atmosphere is great, and if ever I get back that way again the pub would be the place I'd choose to eat at again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Saint Jerome, Canada
“greco burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

very nice place find with tripadvisor again , the greco burger is very good also the ambiance and the service was good ,the price to a place to stop at Gananoque

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“This is the place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Go in! Ignore that it looks old, it's called rustic and homey! I ordered the greek burger in lamb, with pumpkin spice soup and a wine. Service was excellent and fast. The lamb burger was cooked perfectly and the pumpkin soup was different than the usual pumpkin soups, which made it one that will stand out. The price was great. It was just the right place to chat and eat, very relaxed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kingston, Canada
“Great food, service and prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I love this place, you can always count on it. The food is great and well-priced and the service is excellent. Plus, where else can you eat with a portrait of Winston Churchill watching over you. The potato bacon soup is one of the best I ever had, if you see that as the soup of the day, GO IN! I wish they offered it all the time, that is my only complaint :)

• Visited July 2012
Brockville, Canada
“You have to try the lamb burger made with Greek garnishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have eaten in this pub several times now before going to the theater. We love the beers on draft; there is something to satisfy every taste preference. The atmosphere is comfortable. The place is busy around meal time but we have not had to wait long at the bar and we could enjoy our draft beer while we waited.
The last time we took two daughters. Their fish meals were disappointing. But I tried a lamb burger made Greek style (with feta cheese and spinach) and it was incredible. Everyone liked the fries. I liked the burger so much that we went again a few weeks later and had the same thing. I saved the last bite for my husband and he said he was going to order the lamb burger next time. I'll go back to enjoy it again.

• Visited September 2012