“Best Schnitzel and Borscht around!” 5 of 5 stars

613 382 7666
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Gananoque
Cuisines: European, Czech, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: Our food philosophy is very simple. There is nothing better for you then a freshly cooked meal from scratch.Our menu is greatly influenced by our Czech origins and culture. We are also is inspired by local food and produce, as well as slow flavourful cooking and healthy eating.
“Best Schnitzel and Borscht around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2014 NEW

This is by far the best place for eastern european food in the region; awesome food; fantastic portions, and reasonably priced. great staff, and atmosphere. like being in the old world!

• Visited December 2014

“Could have been better”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

My family was up doing the bolts castle tour and we decided on coming here since the trip advisor reviews were so good! Unfortunately I can't say we had a good time. I'm hoping we caught them on a bad day. There was only one other table in there at the time so poor service was no excuse the female server was rude we asked a few questions about the menu and we only got a funny look with no answer. I was looking at the schnitzel sandwich for myself so I asked what was on it and it came with fries so I wanted to change it to a side salad. She said that was fine. But when it came to the sandwich it came with mayo lettuce and tomatoes. Which was ok for me. When I got my plate the schnitzel was sitting on a piece of dry bread same one in the bread basket with a tiny little salad like one bite salad. I called the server over and asked where the rest of the sandwich was and she said it's a deconstructed one. That wasn't mentioned to me so I asked her where the lettuce tomato and mayo was and she said just put your salad on it and I'll get you mayo. Which she did. I then asked her why I had to use my salad as my lettuce and tomato and I said what if I got fires would it have had lettuce and tomato and she said yes. So that frustrated us all slightly. My mom ordered the shrimp and fish. She asked for seafood sauce and they gave her French dressing. She then said oh I'm sorry this isn't what I asked for and she's like that's all we have. Then when we finished our meals we were still hungry as we didn't get what we had all ordered. We decided to try desert and there was a strudel cake made. I asked what it was and she said a cake with strudel flavours. Sounded good to me. We ended up all getting a microwaved shortbread cookie with a blob of jam on top. Not exactly what we thought a cake would look like. Needless to say the experience will not cause us to return. I hope everyone has a way better time than we did! But the prices for the alright product is fair. I just wouldn't count on getting what you expect!

• Visited October 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mariaville, Maine, United States
“Friendly and relaxing Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2014

The staff and owner of the Maple Leaf Restaurant-Bar/Czech Snitzel House are friendly and caring. I was visiting from Georgia and found the owner (Alex) and his staff (Rosie, Nicole) and others helpful with all my questions. I enjoyed the live (relaxing) music in the lounge. The drinks are made special to fit your fancy, The food presentation is beautiful, the beauty of the dish is just part of the whole, The dish has favor that explodes upon touching the taste buds. The Maple Leaf will be a place I will always remember and will look forward to visiting again real soon. The Maple Leaf Restaurant is a MUST to visit while in Canada. Thank you Alex and your Staff for a wonderful visit to Canada. Suggestion: Try the Prime Rib, but you will not be disappointed on matter what you order and a nice glass of wine. I will be returning to visit The Maple Leaf again Soon.,, Rhonda

• Visited December 2014
Lansdowne, Canada
“My favourite restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2014

I love this restaurant. The meals are always delicious and the service is always great. The spetzle there is absolutely phenomenal and I have never had a soup there that I didn't absolutely love. The snitzel is, of course, the best thing there, but I also highly recommend the desserts. The atmosphere is great, and if you're lucky enough to get a window seat then the view is wonderful as well. The owners, Dana and Vladimir, are super friendly and the restaurant as a whole reminds me of my own European grandmother's cooking, and all the good feelings attached to that. Super cute and a must go-to if you're stopping through Gananoque. Charming workers and excellent food!

• Visited August 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Best wienerschnitzels and goulashes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

Best wienerschnitzel and hungarian goulash between Port Hope in the west, Cornwal to the east and Ottawa to the northeast in the heart of the Thousand Islands.

People from all those cities and in between travel regularly for the treat.

Joe Brent Toronto