“Family atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colonial Resort

Save Saved
You added Colonial Resort to your Saves list
Colonial Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   780 King Street West, Gananoque, Ontario K7G 2H5, Canada   |
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Gananoque
Milton, Canada
“Family atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was my first time traveling with a large group of people. It was an organized trip. Michelle and Jean were both welcoming and very helpful. Since I work in the hospitality field I was pleased to find the cleanliness of not just my room but the whole place to be first rate. I would like to steal their cook as the meals were amazing. Not only would I return but I will definiately recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I arranged a trip for a group of 54 retirees and found that the entire staff at the Colonial Resort was very pleasant; courteous and extremely friendly and easy to talk to. We were welcomed on board by Michelle and were shown the arrival area, where we met Jean. Both these gals were very hospitable and friendly. We felt at home right away. The rooms were clean and quite comfortable and the pool area was great having the option of indoor or outdoor facilities. The entertainer Roger James was fantastic!!!! He was able to play everything anyone wanted and easily pleased the crowd. The food was very hot and tasty and served in a very timely fashion. Some of our folks enjoyed an early morning stroll and did shopping in the friendly town or took a boat cruise. The grounds were well kept. Our driver from Kunkel was very friendly. Our day into Ottawa went well and back in time for a lovely dinner. Thanks to Colonial Resort for a very enjoyable holiday and a financial gain for some of our retirees at the Casino. All in all a very good trip and we are already booked for 2013

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Innisfil, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We arrived at 10pm one nite. standard room. musty, dirty and no fitted sheets on bed. sheets didnt fit the bed. beds creeky and mattresses hard. carpet was damp. room wasnt vacuumed as dog cookies on chairs. after paying 140.00 for the nite i would have rather slept in the truck. this hotel should be rated as a one star. Old furniture, needs updating. Hair dryer started smoking when turning it on.
I went to the desk next morning and spoke to the girl at the desk only to be advised i should have made them aware of all that was wrong the nite we arrived. Great attitude. She advised she could not assist me and i would need to speak to the on duty manager. I will be contacting the hotel this week

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have been returning to the Colonial Inn in Gananoque for the past several years. It's part of a very quaint and friendly town with a beautiful theatre, plenty of shopping, walking trails. The Inn itself is an older type of facility but very clean and comfortable. The grounds are beautiful for an early morning walk with an outdoor pool and indoor pool. The spa services are excellent and not near the prices charged in Toronto. The food is good quality and the staff are over the top with their friendliness and service. It is so close to Kingston (one of my favourite cities)with plenty of memorable sites to visit. Warm memories and many more to add in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Once a year I organize a group holiday.
For the past 2 years our choice has been the Colonial Resort. The staff is excellent. Upon arrival we were welcomed on board the bus, The rooms are lovely and clean. My group has many seniors and cleanliness is very important to them. The area is very nice - lots to do such as shuffleboard, bocce ball and other fun games. There is an indoor heated pool, whirlpool spa as well as an outdoor pool. Each evening there is entertainment. We really enjoyed that. During our stay we visited a casino, enjoyed a boat ride around the 1000 islands and Kingston Mills Locks. This was a wonderful holiday that I wish was longer.

Lillian Hinkley,Hamilton, Ontario.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Acampo, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We prefer non-corporate and this turned out to be a wonderful one night experience. It is an old facility but maintained, cabin like feel. The pool was well used, picnic tables abound, the facility feels spread out and invites you to sit outdoors. The beds were good. The cleaning staff forgot to remove a case of empty beer cans from our room, oh well. A bus load of retirees were here that weekend so there was live entertainment, free, in the evening. We thoroughly enjoyed the folk singing and heard that the jazz music the night before was great. The staff recommended a wonderful dinner place complete with directions to find a parking spot. Wish we could of spent another night.

Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed for one night en route from Syracuse NY to Aurora Ontario, to break the journey. 4 adults, 2 rooms and just booked it the day before. I'll start with the only problem we had - the wifi (or lack of it, as it did not work very well at all). Judging by the computer in the bar, running Windows 1955, it is in need of an upgrade ;-)

Everything else was great! It's a little old fashioned, but we like that. The cabins are well spaced out amid pretty landscaped gardens. Nice big rooms, clean and comfortable. They also have some accessible rooms (we didn't see these). It's popular with groups of seniors and offers spa facilities, indoor & outdoor pool, various health treatments & an Irish pub with evening entertainment. The various rules & regulations are there in the interests of their clients, who are mainly older.

Breakfast was the best I have ever had in a motel - and this was 15 minutes before closing. My daughter was not feeling well and the staff happily gave me a tray for her.

So long as you are not expecting 5 star accommodation & ultra modern facilities I am sure you will enjoy it here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Colonial Resort? Share your experiences!