“Not your average Comfort Inn” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Gananoque

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Gananoque to your Saves list
Travelodge Gananoque
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   785 King St. E., Gananoque, Ontario K7G 1H4, Canada (Formerly Comfort Inn 1000 Islands)   |
Ranked #10 of 11 hotels in Gananoque
ottawa
“Not your average Comfort Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Likely a motel converted, some time ago, to a Comfort Inn. Our queen room was not too big, not too small, very clean. Hotel has a wooden deck with chairs along back of all ground floor rooms. Nice pool also with new lounge chairs. Breakfast similar to most other Comfort Inns except there are no waffles. Also, there is no eating area, so you must bring it back to your room. We ate on the deck just outside our room. Management should find another location for staff to smoke as we had to scurry through the short hallway they use between the two buildings a few times during our two-night stay.

Room Tip: Room 115 is the only room in the back and surely most quiet of them all.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Used choice points for a free room while fishing the 1000 islands by myself. I just wanted a clean place to sleep. The first room I was given had moths fluttering around inside, and reddish ants walking by the window and furniture. The lady at the front desk was very friendly, and probably the reason I am not giving only 1 star. She changed me to an upstairs room. That room was clean. The air conditioning however put out no cold air. I switched it to every possible setting, just blew warm air. It was a very hot summer day, and so it made sleep very unpleasant in a very hot room. In summary, the first room had way too many creatures already in the room, the second room as really hot, the front desk was friendly, and I would have been furious had I paid for a room at that comfort inn. Had I been with my wife nd kids I wouldn't have stayed. I found this to be well below what I expect from comfort inns, which is at least clean safe places to sleep although not fancy. Also, I have stayed at all 3 adjacent hotels...the holiday inn express behind, best western next to, and ramada across the street, and all 3 are clearly nicer. Sorry to write this, it is a rare poor review from me. I hope they do better in the future.

Room Tip: The provincial across the street has a nice restaurant that is like a 1000 islands museum. Great bre...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

After checking out the hotels along King St E, we decided on the Comfort Inn due to price and its outdoor pool. This is a very basic, no frills hotel, but the room was clean. The outdoor pool is perfect for young children. We had a room that opened onto it so we could just go out our sliding door and walk down the deck to the pool gate. The pool is only 3 feet deep in the shallow end and my 4 year old loved it. The continental breakfast was limited, but did include cereal, muffins, bagels, toast, hardboiled eggs, coffee and juice. Staff was friendly, although the woman at the desk the day we left was pretty surly. I think she was having a bad day so I won't say much more about that!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
northbay ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We were heading to Gananoque to take in the casino and planned to stay at the Holiday Inn, it was booked solid so we ended up at the Comfort Inn instead, and so glad we did. We now have two options when visiting the 1000 Islands. The Comfort Inn was warm, friendly and had that "Confort of Home", although we were only there one night this particular time, it was very clean and cozy. The staff was delightful and we will definetly make a return visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Everything from the time I arrived to the time I left was perfect. I really liked the beautiful pool. It was made even better that the sun was shining each of the days we were there. Nice room too. I will be back again next summer.

Room Tip: We had a room beside the pool
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bolton, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

The room smelled like stale cigarette smoke, the furniture was dated and shabby, and was small considering it was a "Queen Suite". The hydro to the room also failed and could not be fixed that night, leaving only the air conditioner (Thank God!) and washroom light working. They had no place to move us, seeing as the motel was full. They supplied us with 2 extension cords. Initially, at check in, the clerk tried to charge us $30 above the price quoted through Booking.com. This was reduced after conferring with the manager. The jacuzzi in the room worked. The outdoor pool was clean, somewhat heated, but small and could only accommodate 15 people safely on deck and in pool. At check out, they offered to reduce the room by $30. We protested, and it was reduced, last offer, another $30. Caveat emptor.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I are seasonal regulars at the Comfort Inn in Gananoque. We love this hotel because it is very close to the casino and only a 5 minute drive to the water. The staff are always welcoming and the rooms are always clean. The rooms with the deck overlooking the pool are our favorite.
Thanks again for a great stay, see you next year!

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Travelodge Gananoque? Share your experiences!