“A fantastic stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Athlone Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gananoque
Athlone Inn
You added Athlone Inn to your Saves list
250 King Street West, Gananoque, Ontario K7G 2G6, Canada   |
Ranked #12 of 14 Gananoque B&B and Inns
Hertford, United Kingdom
“A fantastic stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

A fabulous find which we discovered whilst touring around. The rooms are very clean and well presented. We had the suite which was ideal for our family. It also allowed my husband and I to dine downstairs for dinner, whilst the children were upstairs. A rare luxury, which did not disappoint as the food was fab! I would recommend anyone to visit the Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Maranda and Jason were incredible hosts. The Athlone Inn was everything we had expected and more. The room we stayed in was quite spacious, comfortable, and always kept well. The food was some of the best I've ever had and I've worked in a few fine dining restaurants; divine doesn't begin to describe it. We were very impressed and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013
ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here one night and enjoyed not only the Inn but the restaurant. Both are not to be missed. We happened upon this Inn last year and after an idyllic evening decided that we must visit it annually. For us it is a shortish drive from Ottawa and has what it takes to give us 24 hours of quiet beauty. It is steps away from the waterfront and the boat cruises. We enjoyed the cottage rooms rather than the main Inn because the low key cosy style appeals to me. A relaxing place where we were warmly greeted and felt comfortable right away. Both times we dined at the restaurant which is not only beautiful but charming and the food was exceptional. My scallop appetizer was something that couldn't be improved upon in any way. Also the esgargot appetizer was very delicious. All the food we had was beautifully presented and prepared. The cost of the room includes a gourmet (set menu) breakfast which seems to usually be comprised of a delightful granola topped with yogurt and berries, a frittata and also a croissant or other type of baked good, not necessarily sweet because last year I believe it was a pastry tart with tomato and cheese. All very good and with fresh juice and really exceptional coffee. In the good weather you can either dine inside or on the patio. For the evening the dining room is really charming and for the breakfast the patio is very casual and low key. Anyone going to be in the area, give it a try, I doubt you will be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My best friend and I traveled to Gananoque as part of our first solo trip after graduating from high school. We chose to stay at the Athlone Inn and absolutely loved it. We stayed in the rooms off to the side of the main house, which were very clean in addition to being pleasantly private. The best part of staying here, I think, was the breakfast, which was included in the price of the rooms -- the host is an absolutely amazing chef and they serve the best coffee I have ever had in my entire life (and I say this as a coffee fanatic). The Athlone is also in a great location -- it's an easy walk into town, and if you drive straight down the road you reach Kingston, another great town that had a busking festival on when we visited. Would recommend!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Shannonville, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a great place to stay in this quaint little town! The accommodations were clean and comfortable. The food was absolutely great. The service was also impeccable. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend this Inn to anyone. My boyfriend and I stayed in the rooms that were not directly attached to the house and they were great. We paid $120 a night and got a gourmet breakfast included.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The host and hostess are wonderful people, I asked my fiancee to marry me while I we were staying there and they treated us like royalty. The restaurant was excellent. We had breakfast in the morning and we were blown away by the quality of the food, we immediately regretted not staying for dinner. I look forward to coming back some day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Let's face it, many of these century home inns have their issues. We loved the Athlone Inn's ambiance, super friendly and competent staff, and had a great dinner in elegant surroundings. But..we would probably not return. The room was OK but these days a Hampton or Holiday Inn Express does a better room for less money. In particular thewindow air conditioner gave us a disturbed night.

Breakfast, while nice, is what they choose. Once again, the chains do better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Athlone Inn? Share your experiences!