“Overpriced and dated” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Glen House Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Glen House Resort to your Saves list
Glen House Resort
#409 1000 Island Parkway | RR1, Lansdowne, Gananoque, Ontario K0E 1LO, Canada   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Gananoque
Syracuse
“Overpriced and dated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Although the setting is beautiful, the room was very dated. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom spartan but clean. The sliding glass door did not lock. Once the front desk was aware of it, they fixed it but the broken screen door to allow us to keep the sliding glass door open, was not repairable on our visit.There are many amenities both at the hotel and near it. At over $ 200 US, this seemed overpriced to us.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Lovely spot on the St. Lawrence with a delicious Sunday brunch (approx. $15 pp for full breakfast buffet) Our waitress, Monika, was one of the best waitresses we had the pleasure to meet. Totally recommended!

• Stayed June 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed a the resort this past week for a work event at the golf course across the street. Overall the staff were very friendly and helpful with any questions or requests that I had. I stayed in room 118. The room itself is quite large with two double size beds, a mini bar fridge, a walkout to the pool, a nice size tv. The bed was comfortable. I found that the room to be quite and I wasn't able to hear my neighbors. I knew the people on both sides of me so it was not surprising that I couldn't hear any of them as they tend to be quite. The overall appearance of the room was average. The bathrroom requires a bit of attention as there was a light burned out and the door couldn't open all of the way due to the location of the vanity. If you are a larger person you may find this a bit difficult to navigate. It apeears that the tub was recently updated with a surround and was in good condition. The water pressure (a big issue for me) was average and the water was hot (another issue for me). I did find that the shower head may require some cleaning as the spray was not straight. This is usually the sign of hard water and the need for some CLR.

I had a few drinks in the bar and breakfast the following morning. Both times the staff were friendly and provided good service. The breakfast was made to order and was quick and tasty.

Overall the location of the resort being directly across from a golf tournament that I attended for work is why the group I was travelling with stayed here. I am a priority club member and would likely drive into Kingston if I were in the area for another reason.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Glen house and participated in the flagsticks shoot out this weekend. The golfing was excellent. No question about it, a great course and a great time. We had a banquet dinner and stayed at the Glen house. The rooms were quaint and clean and the beds were comfy, we had a great night sleep. The food was nice, I had the salmon and my boyfriend had the chicken, both were average to good. Service was friendly! My only complaint about the weekend was the pools. Both indoor and outdoor didn't seem to be filtering properly and the water was merky and grey. I decided to pass which was disappointing since it was hot and we walked alot that day, I was looking forward to a refreshing dunk! We did however use the hot tub, it was nice and relaxing. Overall, a very nice time. I'm going back next year...hope the pool is fixed!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

My review is a bit late, we went last September (2011). Found the place online, thought it looked very nice and romantic. I called to book a romance package (quite pricey, but we thought we'd give it a try...) but at the time of the booking, there were no "deluxe" room left, so the women agreed to lower the price slightly. The package was to include a special 5 course Menu and champagne and chocolate in room. When we arrived, they told us a deluxe room became available... Well, if THAT was a deluxe room, I dread seeing a regular one! The rooms are in dire need of renovation! Musty smell, dirty carpets, the bed's mattress was probably older than my grandmother, with a huge dent in the middle....We were on a ground level and the view we had was the back of an underground pool about 10 feet from our patio door. There was a wedding party walking around the area and they were all looking into our room! How romantic! Lets shut the curtains at 3 p.m., so much for the view! The bathroom floor was so crooked, felt pretty strange to sit on the toilet! (sorry for the graphics here....). The tub was brown and rusty. Oh, and the so called champagne/chocolate was some cheap sparkling wine with a bag of Werthers Original! But what made us ticked was the staff's attitude when we went to inquire about the Menu. The Chef was extremely arrogant and told my husband that there wouldn't be a special Menu tonight, as opposed to what was promised as part of the package. Getting a little annoyed, I went to the front desk to ask what was going to be the Menu and what our money was paying for... as everything just kept changing on us, and yet we had to pay the full price! The Chef happened to be there she just sighed and she rudely cut me off to say "fine, there will be a special menu"!!!! Hummm.... Are you kidding me? We are paying this huge amount of money and you're just trying to rob us! (or you're too lazy to make a special menu perhaps....) Anyway, we just took off. The one positive thing was that the women at the front desk didn't put up a fight and agreed to credit the room with no charge. She understood our frustration. Too bad cause its a nice location... Just needs work and an attitude check on the women Chef there. YIKES! No way to treat paying clients!

Room Tip: Get an upper level, view on the water