Every year at about this time my wife and I go to the Gananoque Inn just to have a relaxing weekend and once again they did themselves proud. The staff as always were wonderful and extremely helpful. The night caretaker/bar tender is a great guy who always had a story or joke up his sleeve. We stayed in a very nice room with a fire place and a huge veranda which overlooked the St. Lawrence river, what a fantastic view.The food at Muskie Jakes was the normal pub fare but was very tasty. The lobby was very inviting with its large fire place and comfortable seating which made reading a book so nice that i fell asleep for a short time. The location was a perfect distance from the downtown area which only took about 15 minutes to walk to.
A very nice time was had by all. I look forward to returning next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the St. Lawrence River, the Gananoque Inn & Spa occupies the original the Gananoque Carriage Works factory. Converted to a hotel in 1896, the historic and charming Inn provides two river front restaurants, private docking, waterfront accommodation, and fireplace and Jacuzzi suites. The Inn is the perfect location from which to explore the 1000 Islands, the nearby UNESCO designated Rideau Canal and Kingston Fortifications. Golf, fishing, island tours, kayaking, cycling, summer theatre and shopping are just a few of the nearby activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Gananoque Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Gananoque Hotel Gananoque
- Gananoque Bed Breakfast
- The Gananoque Inn And Spa Ontario, Canada