“Poor service with matching attitude” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 100 Restaurants in Magog
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Poor service with matching attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

It's too bad, really, because the terrasse is lovely. But that's the best part. A great place to go if you don't want to eat or drink anything, as they don't seem very interested in providing service. Annoyingly, it's also very difficult to chase down someone to be able to pay. Finally we did and will go have dinner anywhere else.

Birmingham
“Insulted”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I would not recommend this restaurant unless you like paying full prices for an indifferent meal and being insulted by the staff. My wife and I ate here this evening. The salad was little more than a pile of lettuce. The soup was nice but it barely covered the bottom of the dish. It was not enough to cover the bowl of the spoon. The risotto was nice. The fish was nice but the portion was child size. We came to pay the bill and when the machine asked me if I wanted to leave a tip I chose 'no'. The waiter asked me if the service was faulty. Not wishing to make a scene I said no. The waiter then asked me if I realised it is usual to leave a tip. I am English, I hope I have not failed to understand the niceties of Canadian society. I explained that where I come from a tip is a sign of appreciation for something good. The food was nice, the service was slow, the portions were small and we had filled up on bread and never anywhere in the world have I been asked by a waiter for a tip. To which he replied "Well you have now". How rude.

Visited October 2013
Sherbrooke, Canada
“Place for the old regulars”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I called to reserve a place on the terrace the evening before I went. This was a first date. I showed up for lunch and the hostess did not have my reservation. However she finally gave us a table. About 5 minutes later as we are waiting for the waiter, an old couple arrives and tells us that we are sitting at their table. What??? The owner shows up and tells us that we had no reservations... We left in a hurry and enjoy telling out-of-towners to avoid this place like the PLAGUE!!!

Visited May 2012
Glacier National Park of Canada, Canada
“same owner as Lion D'or go there if you can”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

no kitchen ,,not too inviting ,,not quaint or modern ,,just blah boring !!!

Visited February 2011
Boston
“2011 Update-Tried This Place Again-We loved it in 2010”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

We went back to this place that we loved in 2010 (see previous review) This year we had a reservation for 6:30 PM. We ordered 2 appetizers, a bottle of champagne, 2 entrees, and a dessert. Both of our entrees arrived lukewarm at 8 PM -
we had the Rack of Lamb and the Veal Medillions with Blue Cheese and Asparagus. Both meals we in the $30-$35 range. The portion on the Veal was not appropriate size for the price of the meal- an extremely small portion. The portion on the Lamb was also not a good value for the money. By this time we were so hungry, we just ate the meals, not mentioning anything because our waiter was extremely busy covering the whole dining room by himself. By the time he came back to check on us, we had finished the meals. The should have been additional waitstaff. Also the dessert wasn't a good value at $8.50-Maple Syrup Pie.
We recevied our bill and noticed that we incorrectly charged $44 for the champagne which was listed as $31 on your wine list. We brought it to the attention of the waiter and he corrected it immediately.
We were disappointed how long it took for us to receive our entrees, and then upon receiving them disappointed in the value of the meal.

**Twice I have sent an email to management at the restaurant/hotel about this experience- and twice I have not received a response. Guess they don't care what people think of their experience. After droping $156 there-I was hoping I would get a response. Therefore, I am not posting it on Trip Advisor.

• Visited March 2011