“Definitely the best restaurant in Magog” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Ottawa, Ontario
“Definitely the best restaurant in Magog”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went to the other top places recommended and the service and food did not measure up to this restaurant. Succulent food painstakingly prepared and presented. Professional and friendly service (bravo, thank you to Marc Andre our server) , definitely made us feel welcome,, the owner himself came and introduce himself, they love their job? The electricity went off and they did not panic and well handled it. Excellent food at affordable price and the wine is almost same price we buy at the liquor store.

• Visited September 2013

Canada
“Fabulous meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Walked in off the street and were lucky to find an empty table in this cozy but busy restaurant. Attentive, friendly waiter and efficient service. Wonderful food including a delicious, very tender filet mignon. Very reasonably priced wine. All-in-all a great experience and well worth a visit, but advisable to make a reservation.

• Visited August 2013
Newport Center, Vermont
“Frequent visitors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We are frequent patrons of this establishment, coming from south of the border to this resort locale on the north shore of Lake Memphremagog. There are a number of restaurants we frequent in Magog, this being one of our top choices. We have never had anything but a wonderful meal in a lovely atmosphere, very unhurried and extremely pleasant. As noted by another reviewer, the specialty is mussels with about 9 or 10 different preparations and coming in 1 or 2 pound sizes. Steaks are also billed as a specialty. My wife and I dined there last night with our daughter and her boyfriend. They each had a different mussel recipe while my wife and I were both tempted by the monthly special, a seafood mixture with salmon, shrimp, mussels, scallops and langoustines. The special came with choice of a lobster slider or soup. My wife had the slider, which was a very generous portion, while I had the soup, which I found to be quite unusual - a tomato, corn, and sweet potato mixture. Dessert was a pear cake for the two of us with a date cake with coconut icing for my daughter and chocolate caramel cake for her boyfriend. I want to make special note of our server, Caroline, who did a superb job amidst a rather busy Saturday night crowd. I would highly recommend La Table Alain Roger and look forward to many more excellent meals there.

• Visited July 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Great meal, excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went here this evening with my boyfriend for our 5 year anniversary dinner. From the moment we called to make a reservation, until the moment we left, we received impeccable service. Our young male server (unfortunately we didn't catch his name) was enthusiastic, helpful and made our night enjoyable. He complimented our terrible attempts to speak French, and seemed very happy to take care of anything we needed.

We were surprised with a bite of lentil hummus on crispy bread while we waited for our appetizers. Yummy! I ordered the March Special, with a fresh lobster salad to start, followed by some lovely shrimp with vegetables and rice. My boyfriend had the soup of the day, which happened to be carrot, and an 8oz filet mignon with fries. All was excellent.

For me, the cherry on top was that they offered three dairy-free dessert options! It is extremely rare to find any desserts without butter or cream at restaurants. I had the almond cake which was also gluten-free. My boyfriend had the creme brûlée.

You remember a good meal at a restaurant, but you often return to restaurants because of great service. I will definitely return to La Table Alain Roger, and I hope we get the same server!

• Visited March 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Delicious Valentines Meal!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We fortunately had reservations since it was Valentines. The place was packed full!! Yet the service was impeccable. We were in no hurry so the fact that it may have taken a bit longer was totally ok with us. The owner and staff were gracious and made you feel like a regular, even though we had never been there before. We had the Chateaubriand , the Valentine special..it was $50 each...which was well worth it. There was a lovely plate of appetizers, followed by a delicious pumpkin/beet soup, then our main course of Chateaubriand that was to DIE FOR! TENDER! Best I we had ever had, with a lovely sauce on the side that included truffles ..was so delicious! Dessert was a chocolate covered raspberry cake included in the Valentines Special presentation ..while my husband had a Queen Elizabeth cake, only because he doesn't eat chocolate, the owner was quick to accommodate him with other choices. If I had one complaint, it's that there was live music, although not too bad, they were quite loud for the size of the place, One could barely hear what the waiters were saying..It was more of a relief when they took their break, so we could talk quietly and listen to the piped music instead to be honest....Over all it was a lovely and enjoyable meal. We would recommend it to anyone!

• Visited February 2013