“One of the most beautiful places I've been to in Quebec!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Chantecler

You added Hotel Le Chantecler to your Saves list
Hotel Le Chantecler
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1474 Chemin Chantecler | Autoroute 15 nord, exit 67, Sainte-Adele, Quebec J8B 1A2, Canada   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Sainte-Adele
Montreal, Canada
“One of the most beautiful places I've been to in Quebec!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I visited Hotel Le Chantecler with my boyfriend for a weekend getaway 2 weeks ago, just as the weather warmed up. I can't describe how relaxing it was to get away from the hustle and bustle of Montreal at this beautiful resort. We were very pleased with the service, the food was delicious, and the rooms were comfortable (nothing fancy). If you're there during the summer, go kayaking on the lake - breathtaking experience!

My only regret is not staying there for longer to take advantage of all the activities they have to offer. Horseback riding would have been an amazing experience no doubt.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
belsab, Manager at Hotel Le Chantecler, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Eileen,

We highly appreciate your kind comments . It will be an honour for us to welcome you back!

Chantal Emond
Administrative Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Had a fantastic getaway and really enjoyed my time at Le Chantecler. I went there last February for a short getaway with two of my girlfriends. The staff was very welcoming and professional, check in went smooth, room was ready and we didn’t have to wait a very long time. The hotel is nicely decorated with a fire place in the lobby area, a very cozy and relaxing feel.
As for the room itself, it was amazingly clean, great amenities and the view was simply magnificent.
The bed is pretty comfy, pillows were soft ( atleast the way I liked them )
I give this hotel credit to the professionalism of their staff. Room service was always on time and the staff was very friendly/helpful whenever we had questions. They were pretty much ready to help with all our needs.
My friends and I didn’t hit the ski slopes, however, we did enjoy the indoor pool and saunas. ( SO relaxing!! )
Without question, it was an escape to remember and we will definitely be back whenever we get a chance!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
belsab, Manager at Hotel Le Chantecler, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Good day Rita
Thank you for your nice comments concerning our employees and service. We always tried to accommodate our customer the best possible ways and we encourage our staff to provide courteous and professional service.
We will be happy to welcome you again at Le Chantecler.

Chantal Emond
Administrative Assistant
ho chi minh city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great time in this hotel all year around. nice facilities, good food, enjoyed the stay there in the middle of the Laurentian forest. too bad the hills in the winter are not a little longer. But love the lake side in the summer. They used to had a great "chansonnier" and piano player for brunch! hope it s still there or they have a great new one

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went to Le Chantecler during Ontario March break to ski with the family in the Laurentians. Setting is great and minutes away from all the convenience of Ste Adèle. Very welcoming staff. We had reserved a "rustic" room but moved to a normal room at no extra charge when the neighbours got a little noisy. Kids loved the pool and whirlpool. The changing rooms are a little old and need renovation though. They had kids activities and the happy hour was great for the parents! Will come back in the Summer to try horseback riding and golfing!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I love how this place is setup. It felt like a maze to get to our room. This is my wife and I second time this year coming to this hotel. I had great service at the front desk when I asked for ear plugs (because I normally sleep with them in but forgot to take it with me and I am so use to ear plugs I find it hard to sleep without them even if there is no noise) the front desk guy said no at first but then found some in a toolbox. I found the back board of the bed annoying to lean on (which I like to do in hotels while I watch tv in bed.) the bed was also not that comfortable to sleep in but I still got a good nights rest.

• Stayed March 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed here end of Feb

The hotel is pretty on the outside.
We had a "DEALFIND" coupon for one night stay/ski. Our room was aweful. There was a smell of dirty feet. As though the carpets had never been cleaned. We were put in an adjoining room beside a screaming baby. Luckly we were able to change
The hotel decor was similar to something out of the Shining. I was waiting for 2 little girls to come out of the elevators!
Our 2nd room was better, but it still had a bit of an odour.

Didn't get a chance to skate on the pond, although it looked lovely.
The breakfast buffet was nothing special. Very resort style atmosphere.

The hotel is very geared towards family. Not ideal for a romantic getaway. Needs a major facelift inside
Will not go back or encourage others to visit

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We (2 adults + 2 teen girls) stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in mid-February, which is a long weekend in Ontario (Family Day). The purpose of our trip was (yep, exactly!...) to enjoy family being together, winter sports.
So, this place is located in a beautiful area of East Laurentians, just 20 mins before you enter Mt. Tremblant area. Inside, the hotel features a country-style interior, clean inside, although not new. We stayed in a hotel-section room with 2 beds. The room was small, it could have been fine for 2+1, but quite tight in our case. It looked much larger on the hotel's website...Shower was old and the shower head looked like from a dollar store, the lock to the room's bath wasn't working properly. Heating was very good - quiet and efficient.
One thing I must point that this hotel is built in sections, some sections are not disabled-friendly. If one has difficulties taking stairs or goind uphill, call the hotel in advance - caveat emptor!
Restaurant is good, breakfast is reasonably versatile, suitable to claim 4 stars in this area of hospitality. We had a dinner in the restaurant one evening and we were very pleased with service and quality of servings. Service in the bar was slow. When I got a word with a Manager, Mario, he took appropriate steps to resolve.
I sincerely can state that people who work there try to do their work well. By the way, all people speak/understand English, so one should not be concerned on this regard.
The hotel also has an activiry centre - visit hotel's website for descriptions. Swimpool has salted water, sauna is separate for men and women, within each change room. There is always a guard/ supervisor in the pool. The hotel has rentals for cross-country skiing, skating, snowshooing and other activities. Activities room for kids will keep you children busy, for some time-out for parents...
There are several regular grocery stores just 10 mins away from hotel, so no problem if one needs to buy stuff outside of the hotel.
Skating on a lake - just at the foots of the hotel. Surface is very good for natural ice; it is cleaned and maintained regularly. The is a flat trail on the lake for cross-country skiing. If one needs a challenge, there are multiple trails around the hotel
Alpine skiing - Ski Chantecler runs a shuttle to this hotel, every 30 mins, great service, extremely polite lady-driver. Slopes are great, natural snow coverage at -15C, just perfect!...Check the complex's working hours, as some slopes do not have night lighting.
Anyway, we didn't stay too much in a room during a day - there was too much to do for us! Will I be returning - not sure, we like to explore different places. But as a recommendation - it all depends what's the purpose of your trip. Staying inside - it's OK, if you are an active life-style person then, perhaps, YES.
And one more thing - ski lockers are available, but the entrance is from outside and if you in a hotel section, it may take up to 10 mins by the time you get your skiis. So, plan ahead and give yourself enough time, so you don't miss a shuttle!

Room Tip: Level 5 (level D, if I am correct) has exit half-way to stairs that go down the lake and also this l...