“Good enough to keep on returning” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 23 Restaurants in Spilsby
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: have tried indian food all over country, but my local comes out very near top
Ripon, United Kingdom
“Good enough to keep on returning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Firstly, I am a foody. I enjoy my food in general but especially enjoy Indian cuisine.
I eat regularly in this restaurant, both takeaway and restaurant.
The food is good, the service prompt and efficient. Whilst I rate the food as good, I would not rate it as exceptional, some dishes are cooked very well, others just ok. But, it is good enough to keep on returning to. Service seems to be polite but indifferent, the head man could not really be described as friendly, but is polite. A minor point to some degree but is important to some.
I have never had a truly bad meal here, if anything, I find the dishes too mild and generally ask them to "add a chilli and spice it up a bit", which they do quite happily.
Therefore I shall keep on returning.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Real Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Having moved from up north many years ago I had a very hard time in the area finding an indian to match up to the standards I had grown to expect Charm Spice is the best i have visited in this area staff are very friendly and happy to cook any dish you ask as spicy or as mild as you like.
Their side dishes are worth a try alongside any main and this is one of the only places I have managed to find Purree on the breads menu outside of Bradford!!
Always enjoy my food there on regular monthly basis.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Good Local Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Visited with my step-son who lives locally and is his favourite "curry restaurant" in the area. Food was to a high standard, service was excellent, price was very reasonable. We liked it very much and will go back next time we're in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“I wouldn't visit again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I went thare with group of friends
the meal was not at standard and it was too salty I wouldn't go there again

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Wouldn't revisit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I hated how nearly all the dishes we had were spicey, my child could not finish her meal because of how hot it was. I asked for a glass of water for my child and they had forgotten, I had to remind them 10 minutes later. The restaurant nearby was too busy so we decided to try Charm Spice, I'm sure the other has a better reputation as I was not pleased with this restaurant one bit..

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere