I decided to take my kids to a nice Puerto Rico vacation since they have never been. I opted to stay at this hotel because I wanted to show them the "real" Puerto Rico instead of all the tourist stuff up in San Juan. 1st the hotel charges your credit card way in advance for your first night then when you check in, they charge you for the remainder of the nights. I thought that was quite odd. When we got to our rooms, the two beds were tiny. They weren't twins, but I don't think they were full either. The beds were hard as rocks. I did complain and the owner did go to Wal-mart and bought a cushion for the top of the bed. The shower head did not work and the entrance door lock kept getting stuck making it very difficult to get in and out. The balcony light was out. Everything was fixed or replace except the balcony light. I complained on more than one occassion about the light and got nowhere. The restaurant food and prices was a JOKE. The food was bland and expensive. I'm not the greatest cook, but I could do 100% better. Also, in July, it get's dark at 7:30 and since this hotel is in the "hills", there really isn't much to do after 7:30. The pool opens at 8 AM (joke because days it opened at 8:30 & 9:00) and closes at 7:00. In my opinion, 7:00 is way too early to close the pool especially if the hotel is supposed to cater to familes. The basketbal court and tennis court was a great idea but everytime we went to get the balls and rackets, someone already checked them out even though I check and I saw no one at the courts. The swing set was cute for the children 6 & under. It was a a metal swing set you buy at walmart. Two seats were broken & only 1 of the two got fixed. Now, let me tell you about one riduculous rule that really had me confused. You are not allowed to eat in the rooms. Uhh, then why do they offer fridges in the room? That's an oxymoron. The hotel staff is gone at 10:00PM. You cannot get anyone at the front desk after that time. The straw that broke the camels back was when they checked us out 1 day early. We were supposed to check out on Sunday and they had us down for checking out on Saturday. Orginally we were supposed to check out on Saturday, but I called the hotel and changed the reservation. The receptionist confirmed it was changed and even told me the price difference. Obviously, whoever changed it did not change it on the computer. I received a phone call on my cell Saturday around 4:00 pm asking me why is my stuff still in the rooms. I went back and forth with the owner and she did offer to find us another hotel becuase her hotel was full. She also stated that the other people who are waiting for our room, was already there. Total lie becuase when I went to check out, the receptionist told us no one was there to check in yet. The owner saw us walk in, and she dissapeared. Luckily I have friends that live not too far from where we were staying so we were able to crash there for our last night in Puerto Rico. Overall, my experience was not horrible becuase let's face it, Puerto Rico is paradise. I do not recommend this hotel if you are looking for something to do after 7:00 pm. Also, not highly recommened if you have kids. This hotel is more for the locals who want to travel and experience different parts of the island. One or two days at this hotel is more than enough. Also, the beach is not as near at they say it is. It's down a hill and accross the street. The beach is pebble and there is way to much coral and seagrass in the water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parador Caribbean Paradise in Puerto Rico is a charming vacation hotel resort, located in unspoiled Patillas. Still an undiscovered Caribbean gem, Patillas offers unspoiled beaches, scuba diving in live coral reefs and lush mountain views in a peaceful paradise.Book the Caribbean vacation of your dreams at the Parador Caribbean Paradise; tropical destination weddings, scuba diving and surfing. Just 60 scenic miles (and a lifetime) away from San Juan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Parador Caribbean Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador Caribbean Paradise Hotel Patillas
- Parador Caribbean Paradise Puerto Rico/Patillas