I stayed here because my regular hotel- when I visit Johannesburg- was full. I didn't regret it. Check in was smooth even at 1 am in the morning and my room was very comfortable. The free Wi-Fi was fast, but the daily limit of 500 Mb is a bit restrictive if you're going to be doing much more than email or a bit of surfing.
The bathroom is kind of integrated with the room. It isn't a problem of course if you're by yourself or with a significant other but else if you happen to be sharing a room, it might be a bit embarrassing.
Oh, and the breakfast next morning was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fourways, north of Johannesburg and only 20 minutes from Sandton, is home to the famous Montecasino Entertainment Complex offering a variety of entertainment options including theatres, movies, shopping, restaurants, ten-pin bowling and a world class casino. Integral to this entertainment mecca is the contemporary SunSquare hotel. Each of the 179 rooms sports a funky design and all the modern conveniences that today’s travellers could possibly need. An Italian-style piazza and restaurant adds that extra something special to the hotel which is the only place to stay for those wanting to be at the centre of all the action. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and South African Hotels so you can book your SunSquare Montecasino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunsquare Montecasino Hotel Fourways
- Sunsquare Montecasino Johannesburg
- Sunsquare Montecasino Hotel Johannesburg