“No Frills. Very Comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SunSquare Montecasino

You added SunSquare Montecasino to your Saves list
SunSquare Montecasino
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Montecasino Boulevard | Sandton, Fourways 2055, South Africa   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Fourways
Nairobi, Kenya
“No Frills. Very Comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed here because my regular hotel- when I visit Johannesburg- was full. I didn't regret it. Check in was smooth even at 1 am in the morning and my room was very comfortable. The free Wi-Fi was fast, but the daily limit of 500 Mb is a bit restrictive if you're going to be doing much more than email or a bit of surfing.
The bathroom is kind of integrated with the room. It isn't a problem of course if you're by yourself or with a significant other but else if you happen to be sharing a room, it might be a bit embarrassing.
Oh, and the breakfast next morning was excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Jacques H, General Manager at SunSquare Montecasino, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for your review.

We appreciate your meaningful feedback. Great news!! – Our Tsogo Sun Frequent guest members now enjoy 1GIG of complimentary WIFI; per day. (Sign up for free)

Waiting for your return
Jacques

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I was happy to find that this was one of the newer hotels in Johannesburg. The day rate was super affordable - especially for that location.

The room was super comfy, stylish and compact; and the staff were efficient and welcoming. Added bonus: the best casino in JHB is simply a few steps away :)

I'd definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review.

I am delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We are waiting for your return; call us, and then we can make your reservation arrangements.

Friendly Greetings Jacques and the SunSquare Team
Cape Town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Very nice stay. Nice to wake up to the sound of the fountain. Felt like I was in Europe. Service was efficient and friendly and the breakfast was outstanding.
Very good place to stay for the busy business traveler.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Thank you for rating us favourable.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Jacques and the Team
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This is my fourth stay at SunSquare and I've always had a great experience. The queen bed room has everything that you would need, especially a comfortable bed. The location of this hotel is fantastic, and to be honest the reason why the prices are what they are. Great restaurant downstairs, and them the Monte Casino complex at your feet. I've always found the staff to be attentive and polite, with any issues remedied. Today when I checked in the phone is my room wasn't working. Because it was a line fault the offered to move my room, including all of my stuff for me. Couldn't have asked for more, but chose to put up with a broken phone...hardly the end of the world.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your favourable feedback.

Please rest assured – we have fixed that naughty phone.
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Jacques and the Team
WR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I recently stayed with SunSquare Montecasino and was disappointed with the exerience, especially after staying with the other Southern Sun at Montecasino. Room was nice and sufficiently stocked however the dinner and breakfast was not what I expected. The waiters were not friendly and responsive to our needs.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Jacques H, General Manager at SunSquare Montecasino, responded to this review, September 24, 2014
Dear Guest

What a pity!
I do apologize for any frustration experienced during your visit to the SunSquare Montecasino. I can assure you that we have addressed any and all service related issues; as can be seen from all the positive reviews that follow.

I do hope that we will see you back in the future.

Warmest Regards
Jacques
Roodepoort, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We spent the weekend of 10-12 Jan 2014 at this hotel for my wife's birthday. The entire staff went out of their way to make our experience as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. We stayed at this hotel before and can highly recommend it for efficiency, friendliness, professionalism, value for money, location, etc.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

What a Great Review!!!

Thank you for sharing your Great experience with the rest of us.
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

From the SunSquare A-team
Johannesburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on New Years Eve. The room provides no value for money. It is tiny and feels like 2 star rated accommodation. The worst part of our stay was finding feces in the toilet!!! It was absolutely disgusting and we checked out immediately at 2am! Drove home instead of staying a second longer in such a pathetic environment. Do not waste your time or money by staying here. Johannesburg offers much better, CLEANER accommodation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for informing us of your experience.

Please accept my most sincere apologies.
We have revisited our processes and cannot trace any reason or explanation for what happened. Cleanliness is one of our highest scores with regards to Guest feedback; with a rating of 92%.

I hope we can welcome you back soon in order to win you back as a valued guest.
Once again, please accept my apologies.

Jacques and the SunSquare Team

Been to SunSquare Montecasino? Share your experiences!