“Le Souflee experience extremely average..” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Le Souflee experience extremely average..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I took clients there for lunch recently and it was extremely unmemorable. The pricing is all over priced for the quality, portion size and presentation of the food.

The food by and large was bland, from the veal, to the duck and cherry pie, nicoise salad and souflee.

It felt like the prices had increased unrealistically to pay for the renovations and move to bigger premises..

Not a place I will be going back to in a hurry.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Sandton, South Africa
“Absolutely Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Warm welcome, enjoyed the Birthday dinner with wine. Finished off with Grand Marnier and Chocolate Soufle! Just what the doctor ordered. Thank you Marc & Irene

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Angels' breath on a plate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I see some of the reviews are mixed about this place. I cannot fault it, so maybe they were having a particularly good day in the kitchen. Starter blue cheese salad to share was a good size, lovely creamy cheese, tasty dressing; main of steak was cooked to perfection (so often you cannot get it properly 'rare') and my friend's veal was tender and delicious. Breaking the habit of a lifetime, we both had pudding (what is the point of eating at a place called Le Souffle if you don't partake of the signature dish?) so I had a raspberry souffle and she the creme brulee. Both utterly gorgeous, and the best souffle I have had to date (including in France). Perhaps we were lucky, but I do suggest you give this place a try, even if only for the puddings...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Unimpressive meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I went for lunch in January, and to say my meal was awful is an understatement . I had the prawn curry. I found the prawns very chewy and therefore not fresh, and the actual curry was very bland, with rather sticky rice. I was very unimpressed with the food, but the staff/waiters were absolutely brilliant. My lunch partner ate a burger, with which I was rather unimpressed but he found it delightful. I don't think I'll be going there anytime soon unless some earth shattering event takes place!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Phalaborwa, South Africa
“The best service ever !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We went again for a nice diner to Le souffle and again, a perfect evening with great food. The owner greet you by entree and the staff is so well trained. I choose for the vaile escalope with blue cheese sauce; stunning dish! For me this is the best restaurant in South Africa.

• Visited March 2013