“2nd time at the Palazzo Montecasino, just perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Palazzo Montecasino

You added The Palazzo Montecasino to your Saves list
The Palazzo Montecasino
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No. 1 Montecasino Boulevard, Fourways 2021, South Africa   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Fourways
Reading, United Kingdom
“2nd time at the Palazzo Montecasino, just perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed at the Palazzo Montecasino while on business this week, used the hotel as a base to hold interviews, was excellent - the staff throughout the hotel are just wonderful, extremely helpful and friendly. As far as I could tell my room was not one of the refurbished rooms but was fine.....plenty big enough and spotlessly clean throughout, a nice touch was that the room was cleaned twice a day with the bed being turned down in the evening. I chose to eat out at the nearby casino/mall complex for dinner in the evenings but ate lunch at the hotel once..... a Caesar Salad, not cheap but absolutely delicious, and eating breakfast outside in November was great. I would recommend this hotel and will always use it when travelling to Johannesburg on business.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Amanda M, Public Relations Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Andy_uk_nl,

It is always a pleasure welcoming back returning guests and particularly good to hear that the experience was again a positive one.

Our room refurbishment is due for completion the end of July 2014 - it has been conducted with a phased approach to minimise any inconvenience to our guests - but the rooms that are already complete have been met with great approval and I trust on your next stay you will have the pleasure of staying in one of these!

Thank you for choosing to spend your Johannesburg stays with us and we look forward to another visit in the near future.

Amanda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I've stayed at the Palazzo a few times now and have to say that I'm not terribly impressed. The rooms are a little shoddy with the renovations that are going on - I must say that they're desperately needed. The extractor in the bathroom was absolutely filthy and the overall impression of the room not very good. All in all not a bad experience but for the price you pay you can do much better.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Amanda M, Public Relations Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear LukeH,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Palazzo Hotel.

Yes, our rooms are in need of a refurbishment and to this end we commenced at the end of September with our renovations programme and all rooms should be completed by the end of July next year.

We have approached this project in phases so as to minimise any disruptions or inconvenience to our guests as much as possible and trust that, in due course, our 'new look' rooms will meet with the delight and satisfaction of our guests.

As part of the refurbishment, room amenities have also been considered and electronics upgraded.

The Palazzo has a special location and we do pride ourselves on our levels of service and warm hospitality - taking care of our guests is of utmost importance.

We hope to see you here again and look forward to your positive feedback.

Kind regards,
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I've just completed a three night stay at The Palazzo and have experienced two completely different stays. I travel 60% of the year on business and my initial impressions were amongst the worst I've had this year.

Firstly the bad - I was allocated a standard room overlooking the road in a section of hotel that hadn't been refurbished. It was TERRIBLE. The howling ac unit did its best to blend out the road noise that poured through the windows that had a visible gap between the frames allowing a huge amount of noise in from the road that gets busy at 5am. The room was no better than a 2* hotel and would have me headed to anything other than this place in the future.

Then to the good - I was moved to a refurbed room after my second night that was closer to what you would expect from a quality hotel in 2013. The room was quiet, well equipped and relaxing to stay in.

The hotel restaurant and outdoor dining were also great and good value.

I think the hotel has a strong future when the refurbishment is complete but if I stayed here in the future and was given an older room overlooking the road. I'd refuse to check-in and would take my business elsewhere because they are that bad.

Book at this hotel with caution.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Amanda M, Public Relations Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear guvnor1001,

Thank you for the detailed review about your recent stay at the Palazzo Hotel. It is unfortunate your initial accommodation was in one of the our older rooms, but I am pleased to be able to respond that all rooms will be completely refurbished by the end of July 2014. We have approached the refurbishment with a phased approach to minimise any disruption and inconvenience to our guests.

As part of the refurbishment, new specially selected windows are being installed to reduce any street noise; room amenities are also being upgraded and all in all, a stay at the Palazzo, throughout, will be far more comfortable and enjoyable.

We continually strive to better our guests' stay and make them positively memorable and we trust that, should you choose to stay with us again, that your sojourn here will be just that.

With warm regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My partner and I decided to visit The Palazzo Hotel for a one night break. After an initial mix up upon check-in, we were so happy that we'd decided to try it out.
We stayed in an Executive suite on the 3rd floor. The views overlooking the pool and gardens were so peaceful and the fact that the hotel is so close to a busy road, was surprisingly quiet.

The guest relations manager, Deon Prinsloo, was wonderfully helpful and made us feel very welcome.

We are looking forward to heading back there with friends

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the pool/gardens
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Amanda M, Public Relations Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Grahamc33,

Delighted you decided on the Palazzo for your romantic break! And that it was a pleasant stay! Thank you so much for your review and we trust that you will visit again and enjoy more of our warm hospitality.

Kind regards,
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed in the Palazzo 2 weeks in August during a business trip and I loved it, the classical style of the building and the garden and pool area are amazing.
The fact that right next to it there's a casino, cinema, theaters and several restaurants and shops doesn't hurt as well.

But what really impressed me was the staff, I was literally spoiled with attention and professionalism, everyone was really friendly and helpful.

I have since recommended the Palazzo to all my friends/colleagues that have to travel to Joburg.

I felt the room was somewhat smaller than I expected, but didn't really pose as a problem, the breakfast is amazing.

Didn't try the SPA facilities so not rating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Amanda M, Public Relations Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear BQIN2013,

We're sincerely pleased to hear your stay was a pleasant one and that our staff took such great care of you! Our hospitality is a part of the hotel service which we really pride ourselves on as this truly does enhance ones stay.

We thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review and look forward to welcoming you back when you're next in Johannesburg.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

great hotel,i stay there whenever in johannesburg very close to monte casino which is not only casino but have theater,restaurants and bars,hotel is kinda old though but nice rooms with proximity to businesses

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mahmoud A,

It is always encouraging to receive positive feedback from our guests and are delighted you enjoy your stays with us.

We are currently refurbishing our rooms and trust that on your next stay you will be pleasantly surprised by our new 'look and feel'.

We thank you for taking the time to write a review and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Marina del Rey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I loved this hotel in Johannesburg!!!!!!! The food was impeccable and reasonably priced compared to American 5 star hotels. When I return there I will be staying there again for sure!!!!!

The lobby bar is great with amazing bartenders that will make you anything you want. Plus this hotel is very close to the casino. Win win.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Amanda M, Public Relations Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Isleynicole,

Many thanks for your positive feedback about your recent stay at the Palazzo Hotel - and for taking the time to write your review.

We are delighted your experience here was such a good one, that our staff looked after you well and that you found the hotel so conveniently located to our award-winning Montecasino Entertainment Complex.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back here again on your next visit to Johannesburg.

Amanda

Been to The Palazzo Montecasino? Share your experiences!