“Smells like a dump!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 101 Restaurants in Airdrie
“Smells like a dump!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

In desperate need of some place to sleep at one in the morning, called this place and they had a cancellation.... I now know why!! This place should be reported and shut down!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Lethbridge, Canada
“Don't Do it!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was the only motel room I could find on Saturday, July 6th, during Stampede weekend. I arrived with my four tired daughters around 9:30 pm. The receptionist told me I was 'lucky' because we got the 2 bedroom 'suite'....NOT!! The room was filthy!! Curtains were barely hanging up, the bedspread had massive ash burns through it, pizza boxes and assorted food was under the beds, the microwave looked like something had exploded in it, the dresser was missing the front panel, rotting food was in the fridge, the windows (without screens) wouldn't close and worst of all, the lock on the door didn't work!! My children (ages 10-12) wisely wouldn't take their shoes off nor sit on any flat surface! They said they would rather sleep in our mini van than the Horseman! COMPLETE AND TOTAL DIVE!! I had to fight with the employee to get a refund of $136.25 (!!!) for the 15 minutes my family was exposed to this cesspool. Thankfully, the Best Western Hotel down the block worked some magic and my girls and I were able to sleep comfortably in a clean and safe environment that night.

One star is definitely an OVER rating :s

Visited July 2013
“Nightmare worst place in the world .. Bed bugs !!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This is the worst place ever, paid for the room walked in it found dirty stained sheets bugs in the bed and nothing but a run down shack, asked for my money back got into a fight with them as they told us they had king size beds and they didn't and used that as an excuse to get out of there. The client waiting behind me paid me cash to take my room as he was desperate for the last room in town, told him the room was a dive but he took it anyways . The worst service the worst experince I have ever had in a hotel.
This place should be shut down

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton
“Evacuated June 21, 2013 PRICE GOUGING!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My daughter family were evacuated at 3 AM from High River. Traumatized, scared, grabbed my grandson asleep, grab their dog and all of them headed out of High River and thankful that they were safe. The motel charged $189.00 + taxes per night! The room was the worse I ever seen, the bed smelled urine and my daughter, her boyfriend and my grandson were afraid to take off their clothes.

I am horrified that in a tragic mass evacuation, this motel profits from the victims of a disaster.

• Visited June 2013
Calgary
“Worst ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and motels; this place is a nightmare!! I am temporarily displaced because of the flood. This room cost me $125 plus tax; picture rooms in a seedy downtown movie, this place is worse! God knows what kind of stains are on the floor; the bathroom looks like something out of a poor neighborhood in a 3rd world country. The smoke detector was ripped out of the wall; the room smells like incense covered smoke. What a mistake I made giving up a more expensive room at a name brand hotel for this horrible place.

Giving this place a single star is a great exaggeration! Hopefully, this will cause the owners to come to grips and be honest!!!

• Visited June 2013