“Nice room, terrible service.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Airdrie Hotel and Suites

Save Saved
You added Ramada Airdrie Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Ramada Airdrie Hotel and Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   191 East Lake Cresent | East Side Hwy 2 in Airdrie, Airdrie, Alberta T4B2B8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Airdrie
SASKATOON
“Nice room, terrible service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The room was great. My wife, 2 kids and myself as well as her sister stayed here in the room with 3 double beds. The service ensured I would never come back.

The front desk staff on the morning of December 27th, female is the one that sealed the deal. First of all I should mention I did have to remind staff the night we checked in that a playpen was required. But the 27th was the real problem. That morning I went downstairs to get some breakfast for the kids and asked the lady at the service counter where we could retrieve the towels for the pool from. She snarled at me "From me... but the pool is closed til 8." Wow good morning to you too.

While my wife went for a coffee in the same location, the same front desk staff, was busy cleaning the area and giving my wife dirty looks for daring to use the counter to make herself a coffee... not to mention the woman's offending odour... now my wife is upset with the service.

Then at 815 the entire family, including my sister in law were prepared to go swimming, went to the desk and asked for tools when we were then told the pool was closed... oh do I need to mention that the same attendant was rude? And she was mad that we had the nerve to ask why? So when my 3 year old daughter is crying because she had her heart set on swimming that same attendant, thought it was cute. We did not...

So terrible service, great room. I guess the part that makes me angry on top of that is... I'm on a government discounted rate for being a Canadian Forces Veteran of 2 tour, not to mention my current profession... oh yeah, and it was my birthday... thanks Ramada.

I won't stay at your hotel again. Please call me is you have further questions because I'm sure my comment card didn't make it past the front desk lady I had to hand them too... and was complaining about.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Crystal1116, General Manager at Ramada Airdrie Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is our guests review that help us to better our service and ensure we are the best hotel in Airdrie. I have recognized your concerns and taken the matter seriously to ensure that not one of our guests recieves this type of service again. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to having you stay with again very soon.

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Staff very friendly. Room with 3 Queen beds ample for 2 adults and 3 young children. Strange kitchen setup but bearable.
The pool and water slide were a godsend for the days when the weather restricted our plans.
Hotel could have done better deicing the parking lot.

Great coffee, hot chocolate and cookies and muffins. Went to Smittys once for the experience.

All in all a good place to stay with a young family.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Crystal1116, General Manager at Ramada Airdrie Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for such a wonderful review. It is our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Upon arrival at the Ramada my girlfriends and I were warmly welcomed by the receptionist and made to feel right at home. It was the first icy snowfall of the year and we were pleased to have warm coffee and cookies waiting for us in the lobby as well as a couple of comfy sofas and a fireplace! It was the start of a great girls get together. Our rooms were spacious and spotless. We were even able to have one room with 3 queen beds (great not to have to use a pull out sofa for the third person)The staff were helpful and prompt and it was great to have a Smitty's restaurant attached to the hotel so we didn't have to even go out again on icy roads in order to eat.
Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Great if travelling with a family with more than one child or for a hockey road trip as there are so...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Crystal1116, General Manager at Ramada Airdrie Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review it is feedback like yours that assists us to be the best. We appreciate your kind words and are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you return to our property again very soon.

Been to Ramada Airdrie Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!