“Quiet, Safe & Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Motel - Airdrie

Super 8 Motel - Airdrie
You added Super 8 Motel - Airdrie to your Saves list
Super 8 Motel - Airdrie
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   815 East Lake Boulevard Hwy. 2 and East Lake Blvd., Airdrie, Alberta T4B 2A2, Canada   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Airdrie
Edmonton, Canada
“Quiet, Safe & Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This facility is fairly new to the area or renovated. It was clean, with all appliances working well. The staff were very efficient and helpful. The breakfast was the usual self-serve waffles, yogurt, fruit and cold boiled eggs.

The location is rather quiet and not difficult to find. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our way to Victoria from Regina/Saskatoon. Our room was clean and comfortable. We had a great sleep. The bed was comfortable. We didn't use the pool or fitness room. We found the desk staff friendly and helpful. The breakfast area was clean and the variety of food was good. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We like rooms on the main floor so we don't have to cart our luggage up stairs.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My friends and I were going home to Saskatchewan after a trip to B.C. And decided to stop for the night , as we may be tired. We booked ahead and said we would be late. We arrived at the hotel around 11:00 pm. And parked in their parking lot. Room was okay, slept really well. We took everything in from our vehicle. We were awoken with a call from the front desk that our and two other vehicles were broken into in the night. The police were on the way . Our passenger window was smashed out. Nothing to take but change and a bag of dirty linen. No camera to see anything in parking lot? I am confused how a night clerk could not of HEARD windows being smashed! The desk clerk was of NO help at all. Did not offer to see if we needed anything or even offer a " I'm sorry this happened.....do you need anything?....NOTHING!!!! I realize the hotel didn't do the damage, but they could of been sympathetic or even offer to give us our room for a discount or something! They didn't care at all!! We are young university students and shouldn't of been treated like crap!
How could we ever come back if we have to worry about our vehicle all night?We will not be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed here a couple months ago for one night. Honestly, only reason I stayed was because a received a free night's stay from a co-worker. The place when you walk in looks quite confusing, and it only gets worse once you start moving around the place. They have doors on the main floor that you can get out of, but can only get in at the front door by the desk. The stairways smelt of really strong smoke, and so did the 2nd floor. When we checked in, the desk lady said that if we would like a pool, there is one across the street that they have free passes for. When I asked her a couple hours later if I could have one and go for a swim, she looked at me and said they didn't have any. Whatever, the stay was free for me. No idea what their rate is, though. So I booked a room for 2 and a dog with 1 bed.... when I checked in, I was told they had no rooms with just 1 bed at all. Which was funny because when I booked, they said I had 1 bed. The pet fee was kind of stupid, at $10, but I guess most places still do charge that. Room was alright, very basic, tv was black & white, I asked the evening desk person if I could change rooms or get a new tv and was refused anything. Breakfast there...... if you do stay here, DO NOT go for their breakfast. Very dirty room, very basic, very STALE. Milk was warm, no orange juice left and no re-stocking of the breakfast area. Do yourself a favor and just walk to the Tim's behind the hotel for some breakfast. I would probably stay here again, depending on the rate they charge, but would just by-pass any and all interactions with front desk..... not the nicest or most knowledged of people.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have been a front desk manager in a couple of hotels in 2 different cities and am knowledgable on the procedures of check-in and check-out. For this reason I feel I should review the front desk staff at this hotel. Upon check-in, I left my credit card for a preauthorization which is typical but I had also requested to pay up front for the one night as we were checking out very early and did not want to have to take the time in the morning. The front desk clerk first said that she couldn't take payment as the room charges don't get posted until after midnight...well, she could have taken payment and posted a credit to my room account. Then she states that there is someone on the desk 24 hours so I can pay when I leave, even though it would be early. So, I left it at that...I will pay when I leave. Check out with the night clerk...auditor? I want to pay with my debit card, therefore the preauth I left at check-in will not be needed to complete the sale for room charges. I ask the clerk to cancel my preauth as I am not using that form of payment. She states that she can't and that it just goes away...well, it doesn't go away unless it is used for a preauth completion. A preauth sits as a hold on your funds for up to 30 days with your credit card company. If your credit card machine does not have a preauth cancel option, you can complete the preauth with a sale of $0.01 then void that sale...that gets rid of the preauth and the hold on your credit card funds. TWO inconveniences while staying at this hotel...not to mention we stayed in "the last pet room" available...that lovely room right beside the lobby and right beside the bench outside where people sit to smoke...please move your smoking area to a place away from hotel windows and doors.

Room Tip: Request rooms away from the lobby.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

After a long day of driving & flying, we arrive in Calgary at about 1:30am. Drove out to Airdrie and tried a couple hotels which were booked up. So we got the last room at the Super 8. By this time it was nearly 2:30am so we weren't fussy, but if we'd been there earlier, we would NOT have stayed.
Room #107 smelled like something had died in it! (Perhaps a mouse in the heater??) The window was open (obviously airing the room out) even though it was well below freezing. Needless to say, we were too tired to fuss about it so accepted it. When I was checking out, I mentioned it to the clerk and I could tell she knew about it. However, no apologies were forthcoming or any explanation given.
We did sleep good - beds were comfy. But we had also been travelling for about 18 hours so were exhausted which helped us to sleep so good.
Also it is EXPENSIVE! $130.00 for 3 people??? Ridiculous. I know that next time I will make a reservation and choose a different hotel.
Breakfast was also not that great - usual selectin of cold foods (cereal, bread). Coffee wasn't bad. Waffle maker was tempermental and didn't work right. Fruit selection had the "rejects" - oranges were actually terrible.

Room Tip: Ask to smell the room before you check in!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Super8Airdrie, General Manager at Super 8 Motel - Airdrie, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
We appreciate all reviews we receive it is only to better the quality of each and every guests stay.
I must tell you that during your stay you say you encountered a bad smell, well this was due to the hotel had just placed brand new furniture in the room that day six peices to be exact and as we discovered the next morning yes we did have some complaints, but not for a foul smell it was the stain they had used on the furniture. This is also why we had the windows slightly open.As for fruit at breakfast, we have not incorporated fruit at breakfast yet so I'm not sure where you received that.
We do hope you would give us another chance to show you our excellent hospitality on your next visit to Airdrie.
haveasmiletoday
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

Super 8 is like my second home while I attend ACSA it is only a 10 minute drive from the school. The Staff was wonderful very polite and organized. The place has just gone through renovations and it looks great, new floors, bathrooms and not too sure but the beds do feel new.
I was talking to one of the staff and I was told that they have a barbeque and they supply the propane so if you are staying for business or a crew needing a to stay a week or up to a year, it is like having a kitchen right there they have tables so you can sit with all everyone and eat home cook food. Yum.
Also you know how some hotels have a “pool” at the super 8 you get a pass to the reck center across the road. So swimming working out or just sitting in the steam room they have it I think they have a gym, I don’t know for sure so it check it out if you stay there, its way better than a “pool.”
Thank you staff at the Super 8 Hotel in Airdrie, you were also part of my wonderful stays, thanks.
OH almost forgot Cross Iron Milss is closer than the school so like 8 mins perfect shoping getta way stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Motel - Airdrie? Share your experiences!