“great food, good value” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Surrey
“great food, good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I had the pleasure of enjoying a breakfast at Whif's this morning. I had the cottage cheese crepes with mixed fruit and it was delicious. The waitress was very friendly and service was also very good. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a good breakfast at a great price.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Burnaby, Canada
“Sub-par food and service, so disappointed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

My family and I went there for lunch and sadly we didn't have a good experience. The atmosphere seemed fun for the kids with a little train running on the ceiling of the restaurant with small action figures of the hulk etc riding. The room had uncomfortable chairs and sticky tables. The waitress was nice and so was as the young girl acting as hostess. Unfortunately our waitress didn't know anything about the food they were serving (I asked if the clam chowder had bacon in it as I don't eat it and she had to find out turns out in comes in a package and the answer she gave was she didn't think so) she also was discussing a problem with her hang nails with the guy at the table beside us which was terribly off putting. The food arrived, mine was a chicken quesadilla. It wasn't good at all. I couldn't eat more than a few bite. It was so plain and didn't come with sour cream or salsa, that had to be requested. My aunts fish was supposed to be battered and came breaded and was cooked so dark brown it was almost black. I had to ask three times for a glass of water. It was so very disappointing.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The outside of this place would make most just keep on driving and look for the nearest chain restaurant, but you'd be missing out on a great breakfast. It's not exactly reinventing the wheel here, but the menu is expansive, the bacon was perfect, the service was pretty quick, and it wasn't your cookie cutter eggs-from-a-carton type breakfast. Strongly recommend if you're needing some morning fuel in the Drumheller area.

Visited July 2014
Alberta, Canada
“Food is good, Service is horrible.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I've gone here 3 times in 6 months. I love myself some breakfast, but each time i have had to ask and wait 10+ mins for milk for my coffee instead of cream. I've had to get up and ask another waitress for juices, or more coffee. The food when it finally comes out is great but nothing to rave over. especially when you wait 30+ minutes. They could at least keep up on the coffee/tea/ beverages as you wait.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Closed?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Closed at 2 PM on a Sunday? Perfect time for brunch I'd say and I really wanted to try it out since I have read great reviews. Imagine my disappointment when we pull up and the open sign is being switched off.

Visited June 2014