“no help at all !!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Edmonton, Canada
“no help at all !!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We went to Boston pizza in drumheller on the long weekend , we went in to the lounge for dinner there was 8 of us as we settled in our chairs , we were told the fights were on and there was a 10$ cover charge we just wants to eat and we would leave , NOPE had to go, so we tried the restaurant there was a hour wait and empty table there was a couple in front of us ,when we ask why the wait ???? they said they only had 2 waiteresses one that night , so we forget that, so we grab a menu went back to our hotel room and called to order ,and I was told they quit delivering at 8:45 on a Saturday night ????? Really u missed out on a table of 8 sad service, so we order at even's pizza across the street , great service, great pizza , and the delivery guy was very happy with his tip

Visited August 2013

Victoria
“Awful experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I first want to state that our server Sanne was fantastic. She was forthcoming with information, regularly checked in on us, and overall was a great waitress.

Here are the issues that we had with our experience:

We arrived at the restaurant with 4 young children and there was a line up. The hostess did not work her way down the line checking with people what they needed as far as table size. Rather, after 10 minutes, I worked my way up to the front of the line and gave the waitress our information as well as the information of the customers in front of us. I was told that it would take 40 minutes to seat us. As I have worked in the service industry before, I took a quick glance around the restaurant and was surprised to see 4 tables that remained empty the whole time that we waited in line. When we were eventually seated, I brought this up with out waitress who stated that they were not seating tables as they did not have the kitchen/staff to service those tables. Although that made sense one one level, I pointed out that this was the monday of a long weekend in a highly touristy area and found it surprising that they would not plan for this. We also found it odd that no explanation was given at the door...people were sitting in a line up watching all these empty tables.

Once again, I want to emphasize that our server, Sanne, was lovely. She was by far the best server that we had in the 3 days we spent in Drumheller. However, the food took almost 1 hour to come to the table. We have small children who were famished by the time the food came. It was not complicated food (e.g., chicken finger + salad; the most complicated/time consuming prt of our meal was likely my husband's burger). Our adult food was frankly quite disappointing. My husband's burger tasted off and as he noted, the burger we had bought at a concession stand for lunch was better. I had ordered a salad specifically because it came with guacamole which I love. The salad arrived looking nothing like what it does on the picture in the menu. When I noticed that it did not arrive with the guacamole, I asked the server to bring some, at which point she returned from the kitchen to say that they had run out of guacamole.

As the kids finished their dinner, we were told that the 'included' dessert that they wanted was not available.

I used to work in the service industry years ago and can tell you that our experience at Boston Pizza this evening was very disappointing. I know we are not alone...we returned to our hotel and found a number of people in the pool discussing how awful their BP experience had been. I am frankly not likely to return to any BP.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“One wonderful server”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Was seated by the host immediately upon arrival but then the wait began, no server to been seen for long enough that I was ready to walk out and go somewhere else when a server did come and ask if anyone had been to talk to me yet. When I told her no she said she had been watching and would take my order and would be talking with the other staff. She was a fantastic wait staff but was going off shift for the long weekend and left me in the care of someone else (thank goodness I had already received my food) as I never did see who was suppose to be taking care of me. When I was ready to leave I had to call someone over to get me my bill and the debit machine, they left me with the debit machine and went to take care of another table so again I had to call another staff member over to take the machine and give me my receipt. This was so untypical of any Boston Pizza I have ever been to. Thank goodness for the one great staff member to save my visit.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“don't go there if you can - even the restaurants in Drumheller are limited.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We decided to go there simply because there weren't much choices in Drumheller area and the kids were hungry (and we didn't do much research :) for the restaurants there.

It boasts for Wi-Fi but we could never get on - kept being told that it's over the access limit?? Our friend wasn't happy with his order at all: pasta and chicken were cold. The pizza we ordered was lukewarm! Not to mention that we waited for 45 minutes for the food. So our friend decided not to order another dish and left with half full.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hinton, Canada
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We always find ourselves a BP's! Great service and food. Best if you check if they can deliver if you want that. We ended up having to eat in the restaurant instead.

Visited July 2013