“Terrible stay at 175$ a night” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Drumheller Hotel and Suites

You added Ramada Drumheller Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Ramada Drumheller Hotel and Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   680 2nd Street SE | Highway 9 at 2nd Street, Drumheller, Alberta T0J 0Y0, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Drumheller
Calgary, Canada
“Terrible stay at 175$ a night”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed September 13 and 14 of 2013. The only good thing about this hotel is the shower heads. We arrived to "clean" room but it was not. Dust on everything, splash marks on the sides of every cabinet, burn holes in the carpet, white dried crusty stuff on the desk chair, drawings on the window, Bathroom: The amount of dust and splashed crud on the walls under the vanity was appauling. I was in room 318 and if you sit on the toilet and look under the vanity it's vile. We were there for a wedding, so thankfully spent a very short time in our room. Why did you not complain to the desk you ask? Well during our arrival we were backed into in the parking lot, and being we had a tonne of work to do and not wanting our trip to start out horrid, I just dealt with it and did a quick do over of the room when I got there. It seemed easier than going down and waiting for staff and following them around pointing to all the dirtt that had been left. All the drinking glasses had lipstick on the rim, and one had a dead fly stuck to the side....you cant tell me they cant see that?!!!!THE WORST PART: Having room keys that only worked once. Every time we left we would go back to our room, have the key not work and have to go back down and get them to straighten that out. So the keys are a one time use thing. She blamed it on my cell phone demagnatizing it.....even though I dont even carry one!? So aggravating when you are hauling stuff in and out for the wedding. Many unnecessary walking miles made in that hotel! And if you want to go to Oshea's which is owned by the Ramada, be prepared for an empty restaurant but a 20 minute wait for a menu. After a half hour and still no drinks we left and went to Boston Pizza.

Room Tip: This hotel is getting very beat up. It has been well used and is in dire need of renovations if they...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
tvyveyDrumheller, General Manager at Ramada Drumheller Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for expressing your concerns regarding your recent stay. It is extremely important to my team and I that all of our guests are fully satisfied during their stay. As you indicated the time and room # of your stay I did investigate and discovered that I had no guests in that particular room at the date you indicated. Please do not hesitate to contact me further as I would like to discuss with you personally the details of your stay. All The Best Theresa Vyvey General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Easy access to hotel from travel. Close to downtown. Big pool. Bath in bedrooms. McDonald's at the corner of hotel as well as an Irish restaurant and ale bar. We had dinner downtown at Sublime which was great, apart from the slow service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your review and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed you stay. Our location is excellent with the close proximity to family restaurants and basically at the heart of Drumheller. I thank you for choosing the Ramada for your accommodation needs and I do hope to share our hospitality with you and your family again. Warmy, Theresa Vyvey General Manager
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We've stayed here for a couple days every June for over 5 years now. It's always been great, except for last year, but those issues have been resolved to my satisfaction.

Things we love about this hotel: the pool (especially the waterslide!), the location (very convenient to all the dinosaur attractions), and of course the breakfast! Staff was very helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean and I especially liked having a kitchenette. It helped to cut down on eating-out costs.

We will definitely be staying here again; rather than wait a year, we'll be returning in October, then again next June.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review and for returning to us every year. It is always such a pleasure to see families returning year after year . I do hope that we continue to be your home away from home and we are certainly looking forward to seeing you and your family again. Warmly, Theresa Vyvey General Manager
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Good location in Drunheller. Discount available at resturant next door as a guest of hotel. Excellent fitness facilities. Pool with waterslide. Very good breakfast in large room. Free use of wifi and business centre for Internet. Odd set up for A/C in room being on a motion sensor, so you wake up in night hot.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you were satisfied with your recent stay. I also appreciate your comments regarding our air conditioners . When guests have concerns it helps us take a look at the hotel from the guests perspective and enables us to see where we have to make some improvements. Again my thanks and All The Best Theresa Vyvey General Manager

Been to Ramada Drumheller Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!