“Great place with good food” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Description: 403-823-6362
Swift Current, Canada
“Great place with good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We were passing through and were hungry, so we stopped at the first place we saw.
The food was very good, the waitress was friendly and helpful and the place was very clean. I would reccomend this place to friends.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
EvansManagement, Manager at Evan's restaurant, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you for your great review. I invite you to come back next time you are in Drumheller.
I would love for you to be able to try some more menu options. Thanks again

Delta, Canada
“Busy spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We found this to be a very busy, small, casual place to eat. People were very friendly. We had a Philly steak and Caesar salad (which cost extra). There was also bread. This was around $17.00. The menu was varied.

Visited July 2014
EvansManagement, Manager at Evan's restaurant, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your input. Yes, we are an extremely busy restaurant, especially in the summer months. We do strive to give everyone a great experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stop in. I invite you to come back soon to try another menu option. As you said, we do have a varied menu with lots of incredible choices. Thanks again ,
Jill Rasmussen
Manager
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for dinner as part of a family trip. Online reviews were stellar. First they refused to allow our party of 5 (one small child, 4 adults) to sit at at larger available table. I ordered chicken parm, it was about as bland as possible, nearly hospital food. The server took a long te to return, and was rude when asked to return the entree, which had two bites eaten. No offer to order another item, while the rest of my family ate their meals. Te final kicker was that the returned entree was still billed. Skip this joint, although the pizza was good; the service sucks

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
EvansManagement, Manager at Evan's restaurant, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Terrible? Really? I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stop in, but I do have to question this review.
We do only have 1 table large enough for 8+ so we do have to save it for large groups. I am sorry you didn't enjoy your table but if you didn't like it, you didn't have to take it. I do remember your table. My server was very upset about how she was treated at your table. So I am sorry if you say the service "sucks". After being treated very badly a few times she probably wasn't so cheery towards you. We were extremely busy and we did our best to appease you all. We quickly replaced the chicken parm which was sent back. Even though nothing was actually wrong with it but we sent you a 2nd chicken parm anyways. Hoping you will enjoy it. You said it was "bland ". I am sorry you didn't enjoy it. It is an extremely popular dish. We can't however, account for %100 of peoples personal tastes. I do invite you to stop back and try something else if you are in the area. Or try a another pizza, you enjoyed that. Anyways, I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stop in!
Jill Rasmussen
Manager
Edmonton, Canada
“Slammed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We dropped by for lunch on our way home from Drumheller and since it was recommended to us we gave it a go. One table was free so we took it. Very small and no privacy unless you can sit in one of three or so booths. For some reason we were hoping for more then pizza so I ordered the Lasagna and Caesar Salad. He chose the Veal Parm. The waitress took our drink orders and minutes later she came back with a jug of pop. We've run out of glasses so she gave me my beverage in a jug with a straw! As people finished, the table were quickly wiped. Keywords, quickly.. wiped. It doesn't appear that they are ready for this brisk of a business and it showed. The food came and the meat sauce on both dishes was bland and soup like. No tomato type taste. It almost tasted like gravy mix. We paid our bill and left.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
EvansManagement, Manager at Evan's restaurant, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Hi There,
I want to start by apologizing that you didn't have an excellent meal with us. You had the lasagna and he had the Parmesan . These are both made with our signature home made tomato based meat sauce which are both very popular dishes. It makes me wonder why they tasted bland at that time to you. Yes, we were extremely busy that day, but giving you a jug of pop, is not acceptable. We have already made sure we have enough glass ware for an extra busy day. I do thank you for your review and I invite you to come back. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Jillian Rasmussen, Manager
Drumheller, Canada
“Excellent food & take-out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I work at a nearby hotel & clients always ask me where is a good place to eat in town. I always try to be honest about my referrals, but had felt bad for awhile because I'd been suggesting Evan's but had never tried it myself. It is relatively new to me. The feedback from guests was always superb, as they do tell me in detail upon returning, so I decided that I needed to try it myself. I've done take-out a couple of times in the last month and I get the Chicken Donair w/Poutine on the side, my favorite. And yes, it has been consistently excellent. Portion sizes are great & I appreciate that along with the quality. (I sometimes do wish they were open later, just for the other night-time-people.)

I will continue to refer clients here now that I've tried it for myself. I am fairly picky about where I send people to, but I am very confident that they will enjoy their experience. Food is easily #1 in Drum & along with Bernie in the Boys, my other great alternative. The other restaurants in town don't really compare.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
EvansManagement, Manager at Evan's restaurant, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for the excellent review. Thank you also for sending your guests to us.We are more than glad to have them. Remember we always deliver after 5 pm, for anyone who wants to stay in. You will have to try some more menu options so you can recommend what items to order next time. I recommend trying the Greek calzone with our signature Caesar salad as a side.
We hope to see you again soon,