We stayed in Drumheller for 2 nights this summer at the McDougall Lane B&B.
The hosts, George and Maureen, are lovely, friendly people. They were very accommodating, and easy to talk to.
What I liked:
- Priced better than the local hotels. I don't know what it is about Drumheller, but the hotels (even the average, nothing special rooms) are priced insanely high.
- Taxes are not added on to the price of your stay. This was a huge factor for me in decicing whether to stay at a B&B or a hotel in Drumheller.
- Spacious, beautiful, clean house
- Very soft, comfortable bed
- Well decorated house. I felt like I was staying at a luxury hotel!
- Located close(ish) to down town Drumheller
- Delicious, hot breakfasts prepared each morning. She makes excellent pancakes!
- GORGEOUS grounds. I wish I would have had time to sit outside in their garden with a cup of coffee and a good book.
- Free WIFI
- Flat screen tv in each bedroom
- Lovely bathrooms
What I didn't Like:
- Not much variety in breakfast. We were served pancakes, fruit, and sausages each morning. I could have gone for some waffles in stead of pancakes every morning, or maybe some bacon? Or croissants and muffins? Or even porridge with fruit? Just as an example. But, this isn't a huge deal. I have stayed at B&Bs that only served Cheerios, so I'll take what I can get! LOL
- Low water pressure in the shower. Again, not a huge deal, but it just took longer to get a good shower in.
- Shared bathrooms. I had worried that we might not be able to use the bathroom when we needed to (as there were quite a few other guests there), but this never ended up being a problem. If need be, there was a bathroom in the main entry way that we could use.
In the long run, those are such little things to nit pick over, that they didn't bother me that much. I highly recommend staying here!
We stayed in the Mallard Room. A great room for couples, with a queen size four poster bed.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.