We made a quick overnight trip to Drumheller and were travelling with a dog who couldn't be left in a kennel because of recent surgery. I chose this hotel because of someone else's review on Tripadvisor saying that this is a pet-friendly hotel. I called to make the reservation on the phone, rather than online, just to confirm this point. Chantal was great about discussing the dog (there is a pet fee) and made our reservation. When you check in with a pet, they even give you a package with a big dog cookie and some poop bags.
Driving right up to the door did feel a little motel-y but that was not a problem for us. The inside of the room was nice, kitchenette included, lots of towels in the bathroom. If you do want groceries to prepare in the kitchenette, there is an Extra Foods right across the street, but a much nicer IGA a little further into town.
They are still displaying the notice about the possibility of some kind of beetle in the room, requesting that guests don't put food or wet towels on the floors. We didn't see any evidence of insect life (except a few mosquitoes that we let in).
The door directly to outdoors was, of course, a plus when travelling with a dog, and we spent a comfortable night. We didn't use any of the other facilities in the hotel, so I can't comment on them.
- Also Known As:
- Jurassic Inn By Canalta Hotel Drumheller
- Jurassic Inn By Canalta Hotel
- Best Western Drumheller
- Best Western Jurassic Hotel
- Drumheller Best Western
- Jurassic Inn By Canalta Hotels Drumheller, Alberta
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Jurassic Inn by Canalta Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.