“bed bugs” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Drumheller

You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Drumheller to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Drumheller
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   392 Centre Street, Box 1810, Drumheller, Alberta T0J 0Y0, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Drumheller
Sasketoon
“bed bugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I'm normally not this critical, but this place worked on my nerves. Checked in @ 5.30pm , room not ready! booked 2 days in advance. Came in the room, it looked like a secondhand pawn shop inside, carpets stained and dirty, lights don't work. flies in the bath tub. and then the big shocker, this place was so dirty, that i had to inspect the bed, pealed off the cheats whitch were not cleaned,and yes bed bugs, I found 6 of them and I was not wearing my glasses!, I wanted to leave and demanded my money back. I was told by a person that hardly speaks English, that that was not there policy. So I slept on the floor. Avoid this place like the pest!!!!!!

Room Tip: were ever you go ,It can not be as bad as this
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manish_Econolodge, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Drumheller, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
I am appaled to read this review. It appears that you are mistaken about the place you stayed.

1. We never had bed bugs in our motel.
2. We are proactive in taking precautionary measures by having bed-bugs covers on all of our mattresses and box springs.
3. All the rooms are always ready by 3.00.
4. I don't know whom you spoke to at the motel - Either me or my wife work at the front desk. And we both can challenge you on English speaking - It is way better than yours. Our housekeepers also speak better English than yours.
5. We have no knowledge of you staying with us, can you prove it?

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Truro, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Nice room and such a friendly welcome from Mona the owner and her family! They let us have our 2 dogs in our room on their own bed - which was great! Nothing was to much trouble and nice breakfast too! This hotel is located in a great spot - easy to walk to the tourist info, huge t-rex, spray park and aquaplex in Drumheller. Only a 5-10 min drive to the Royal Tyrell Museum too! Would recommend! THANk YOU Mona!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words, we really appreciate the same.
Oman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at the Econo Lodge as all other hotels in Drumheller were fully booked. The hotel is very old and the rooms are very dated. They offered basic accommodations with an in-room fridge but for Drumheller, they were pretty standard as far as accommodations go. The breakfast buffet was basic and the "pastries" were served directly from their plastic Costco containers. Aside from the older property, the service was friendly and the rooms tidy. It wouldn't be my first choice as accommodation but given the nature of Drumheller in the summer, it was adequate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. You review describes our property accurately. We serve from Costco containers to preseve freshness as lot of our guests do not come for breakfast. And I hate wasting.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

I booked a "suite" at this hotel to find out that they don't actually have suites just a room with a fridge. I said this was not acceptable and they charged me one night for not canceling 24 hrs ahead. The hotel is very dirty in a scummy part of downtown. I would recommend staying away from any Econolodges...very poor customer focus.

• Stayed August 2012
Manish_Econolodge, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Drumheller, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Our suite configuration descriptors are provided and approved by Choice Hotels. We have three suites. Two are "One Room" suites - and one "One Bed Room Suite".

"One room suite" contains One queen bed and one sofabed separated by a partial room divider.

One bed Room Suite has - One separate bed room with 2 queen beds, one full kitchen, one sofa bed and one futon in the living room.

The above is clearly described in our listing.

We provided you an upgrade of 2 queen beds which you accepted and then later on decided not to stay. We always try to accomodate our guests.
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This Lodge, Inn and Suites is, as one reviewer noted, really a motel and would not be our first choice ever. It was a place out of the rain. Rooms are small and dispite a fairly recent upgrade, are dated. The room was decently clean but offered little else in terms of its location to any amenities in town. Not having any hot water for a shower did nothing to enhance my stay. The only thing this place has going for it is the manager who was very engaging, friendly and helpful making numerous phonecalls for dinner and entertainment arrangements. Taxis were readily available )never more than a 5 minute wait) and relatively cheap at this time of year - maybe a different story mid-summer. We definately had the overflow camping here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Manish_Econolodge, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Drumheller, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Thank you for your review. I wish you had called me about your hot water issue. I remember you telling me at the time of checkout. As a courtesy I gave you and your friend both a 10% off. Yes our motel is old, and we cannot make it new, but we have put in lots of money to upgrade the same.
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I had originally booked 2 nights at this motel and called a couple days prior to cancel the 2nd night. The lady I spoke with confirmed it was cancelled however upon my arrival I was told I needed to call booking.com to make the cancellation.
1st impression of this motel was terrible, it's old; run down and the lobby furniture appears to be from the 80s, however if it was clean I probably woiuldn't mind but it wasn't. The lobby had a very unclean smell and the fact that they had a sign up advertising that they were "bed bug free" was a bit concerning.
The stairs leading to the 2nd floor rooms were dark and unstable and not properly lit almost causing my mother to fall. The room itself seemed tidy/clean until pulling back the covers revealing dirt or something under the sheets. The chain lock on the door was busted off so we were not able to lock that.
The motel offers a free continental breakfast in the morning, we found that their was little choice. There was no fresh fruit, no hard boiled eggs and the area itself was just untidy.
I would not stay at this location ever again....in fact this is not the first bad experiance I've had at an econo lodge and in the future will never stay at another econo lodge again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

When you make reservations through third party websites, any changes to your reservations are required to be done through them, not through the hotel. Next time please check with the booking agency what their policies are, rather than blaming us and then trying to find faults in the motel to satisfy your anger.
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed here on a family outing to the Tyrrell dinosaur museum and area. Do not be put off by the location, which is typical of an older downtown property. We arrived on our motorcycles and were very well received and hosted. The rooms are clean, tidy and in good order. On a very hot day, our a/c easily kept pace with the cremating heat outside. The breakfast next morning exceeded all of our expectations, with a fine variety of food, served up in a clean and homey setting. We would recommend this property to anyone in the Drumheller area and would definitely return again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the upstairs section which was a bit quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. Hope more travellers are like you.

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Drumheller? Share your experiences!