“1st Choice Every Time!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Edson
Red Deer, Canada
“1st Choice Every Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Our company is a small Oil & Gas service company that stays all over Alberta and Saskatchewan so our drivers have stayed in many hotels/motels all over the place.
Whenever we are looking for rooms in Edson, the Lakeview (east) is our first call each time. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean and tidy and the staff very friendly and helpful.

This review is for all the times we have stayed there (too many to count) - there is never an issue or complaint from our drivers - they are very happy with the service and the rooms.

Just today (Dec 3/12) I called to get a room for 2 nights, they were booked full at that time but within a half hour I received a call from the front desk that they had some rooms open up if I was still looking. Exceptional service!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

No, no, no....I would not stay here again...not so long as I had a choice. Narrow, cramped room with a disgusting carpet, loose fitting outside door... A strong shoulder would tear the lock off.

TV was functional, beds very comfortable, and a microwave and fridge are a nice touch, but the smell of old and musty stayed strong until I developed a tolerance for it. The heat took a bit of trial and error to operate, but the shower was strong and the water hot. Nice thicker towels.

The breakfast? Ugh! Rubbery dried-up pretend eggs that resembled something leftover from the night before. And a curious thing happened...I noticed a sign on a fridge that indicated I could have yogurt, but when I opened the fridge, there was none. I asked for some, but was told by a (I assume a manager) that she was deathly allergic to yogurt and did I really want some. She went on to explain that she had to be out of the room when I ate it. I appreciate health issues, but they aren't my issues. Take yogurt off the menu if a patron will be made to feel like their request for same is a huge inconveniemce. Another larger fridge was stocked with yogurt, and after expresing that, yes, indeed, I still wanted some...I was allowed to help myself. Thanks for that.

Front desk staff was pleasant emough as was the maid I met in the hallway.

This hotel feels too much like a very old property with a facade facelift. Not my cup of tea.

On the upside, the beds and the bedding are very comfortable and the bathroom was very clean.

Stayed April 2012
Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stay at the Lakeview hotels whenever possible. They have the most comfortable beds even rivaling the Marriott chain. The breakfast is excellent. As per all of the Lakeview hotels I have stayed at the room prices are VERY reasonable. The staff at this hotel are friendly and very helpfull.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
camrose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

Super helpful staff, Bed was so wonderful just wanted to stay there. Will be staying again. Great value for your money.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Prince George, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

We stay at this hotel every time we go to Edmonton. We have been staying here since it was a Days Inn back in 2002. I love that the toiletries are Bath & Body Works, We take full advantage of the Continental Breakfast and overall we love this hotel and don't stay anywhere else in Edson. Perfectly located as well.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Leduc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

I chose to stay at the Lakeview Inn & Suites East because I was able to get an online "super saver" price for my room. I am glad that I did! Although some of the furniture in the room is getting a bit tired, for $69.00 I got an incredibly clean room, a comfortable bed, amazing bedding AND a friendly, efficient desk clerk at check in! How often can you say that happens? I will be staying at this property in the future.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Lakeview Inn and Suites Edson East? Share your experiences!