“Best Fish and Chips in Town” 5 of 5 stars

9904 102 Street, Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Canadian
Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
“Best Fish and Chips in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I've been here a few times with my mom and my sister. The food and service is excellent and I love the decor and the background music. It is hard to get really good fish and chips in most places here in the fort, so when mom and I ordered them we were very pleased with the quality and the quantity of the food. Nothing was greasy or soggy, you got a large piece of fish with just the right amount of coating and crispiness, and it was perfectly cooked. My sister had a hot beef sandwich and fries and said it was the best ever. They serve real roast beef and their gravy is very good. I had some on the side myself, homemade, not a mix. They have pride in the food they serve and they should, it is something to be proud of.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Edmonton, Canada
“Newfoundland home cooking in Alberta.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a great restaurant for getting a good homestyle Newfoundland cooked dinner in Alberta north of Edmonton.

My wife, who is from Newfoundland originally, loves their fish and chips with dressing and gravy on the fries. I am not a fish guy so I always order their bacon and cheese hamburger with fries dressing and gravy.

The prices are in my opinion extremely high, which is why we don't eat there very often. We use this restaurant as a treatment for Newfoundland withdrawal and it is much cheaper than flying down east to get the same experience. They also offer a variety of Newfoundland souvenirs and music for sale.

Overall if you are in the Edmonton area or north and need to get your Newfoundland fix to stop the homesickness, go to this restaurant and enjoy a good fish dinner surrounded by a bunch of Newfy's young and old.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gibbons, Canada
“Flavours from the rock”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

If you from the maritimes, the Atlantic kitchen makes you feel like you're home...from jig's dinner to chips and dressing....it's a down home restaurant to dine at while visiting ft. Saskatchewan

Visited May 2013
Edmonton
“Middle of the Road”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We visited this Ma and Pa outfit Saturday night.It was very busy and short staffed .
My fish and chips where overdone ,lots of chips kind of skimpy on the fish.
Don't think I will go there again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
“A taste of Downhome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

What a treat on a Saturday night went to a couple of restaurants in Edmonton where the wait was way too long so we came back to the Fort and had a wonderful fish dinner the salmon was beautifully cooked, the fish and chips second to none, Add the fries Dressing and gravy and you have a meal worthy of any one from anywhere but especially a Newfoundlander! The service is down home friendly, fast and efficient! Glad I waited for that!

• Visited March 2014