“Lakeview Inns and Suites” 5 of 5 stars

You added Lakeview Inn & Suites Fort Saskatchewan to your Saves list
Lakeview Inn & Suites Fort Saskatchewan
10115 88th Avenue, Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta T8L 2T3, Canada   |
Calgary, Canada
“Lakeview Inns and Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Whenever I visit Fort Saskatchewan I stay at Lakeview Inns and Suites. The staff throughout the whole hotel is friendly, efficient and goes above and beyond my expectations every time!

Excellent place to stay, MUST visit !!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent, AC has minimal noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lethbridge, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

Trust the good reviews - it's all true! Not too close to Edmonton but if passing through Ft Sk, a great place to stop. No complaints, decent breakfast, rooms clean & comfortable. We had a newborn & a dog & they were very accommodating with a non-smoking main floor room with mo neighbors. Same services you'd get in a much $$ hotel.

• Stayed April 2012
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Right from check-in, this hotel exceeded expectations. I was expecting a clean comfy place to rest my head during my son's judo tournament. What I got was a call from reception 10-15 minutes after we checked in to ensure the room was in good order and what we needed. (It was.) A spotlessly clean, true non-smoking room with a small, quiet, working fridge, plenty of storage space and plenty of room to move around the 2 queen beds, generous corner table and other furnishings. I was a little concerned about being on the main floor, but we were well away from the lounge, vending machines etc, and although I think there was someone above us, we barely heard them. Sound between rooms is also minimal. Wireless internet worked first try - although the tickets with passcodes only work for 24hours so you have to trade them in at the desk for the 2nd night (not a big deal.) There are DVD machines in the room although the free DVD dispenser by the front desk is very temperamental and we couldn't get one out of it - we'd brought our own so not a big deal. The continental breakfast is well stocked with waffle machines, toast, bagels, muffins, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, fruit cups, snack bars etc - plenty of choice. I ordered room service from Roustabout's restaurant the second night because we were exhausted. There's a 15% discount for guests and the food was surprisingly good. I took my chances and ordered a seafood chowder (risky anywhere in landlocked Alberta) and it came garnished with a large perfectly cooked shrimp, and had plenty of baby shrimp within its light cream soup, along with fresh vegetables. The bruschetta was also fresh with perfectly crisp and chewy crostini. The staff are all very friendly from reception to restaurant to housekeeping. I was pleasantly surprised and very please and have no hesitation recommending it. It's also easy access to Safeway's, Wal-Mart, a variety of restaurants and other shops if you need something beyond. (They also have an extensively stocked array of complimentary toiletries if you forget something.) We shut the heating right off because it was warm enough without it. The heating was quiet. The cooling fans are noisy and that might be a challenge in summer months, but I always blast the room icy cold if I'm staying anywhere, then shut it off overnight if it becomes an issue.

Room Tip: There is building work going on east of the hotel. That might be an issue during the week, but cert...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for a week, on business. The front desk staff went out of their way at every opportunity to ensure I had a pleasant stay. They rooms were great, beds were comfortable, continental breakfast better than average. If your travelling to the fort for a day or a week business or pleasure, make sure you stay here.
There is no pool.

Room Tip: Whatever you want, just ask. They'll get it for you. If you ask for a smoking room with a king b...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Grande Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

We have stayed here numerous times in the last 6 months. The staff are always VERY friendly and accomidating. The breakfast (which is included) is unbelievable. There is always fresh coffee in the lobby. Rooms are very clean and the beds are very comfortable. We would definately (and have) recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

Stayed on a Short Bus Trip. Rooms were clean and well kept, (bathroom kind of small)
Coffe in the Lobby was good and strong. The breakfast was fine"("ceral, waffles, muffins yougurt etc...) The Hospitality inn nearby was booked (it seems a more family friendly hotel too.. (they're building more hotels, I see a Hampton nearby soon) The Boston Mkt and wallmart is a 10 min brisk walk or short drive.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Fort McMurray
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

We Drive on long family trips a number of times per year. I had recently came across this hotel on one of these trips when I was searching for a place for us to stay overnight - half way on our trip back that would accept pets in a NON-SMOKING room. Believe me that is nearly impossible!

The hotel is in a good location for ammenities. It is a new Hotel, rooms are clean and quiet, at a reasonable price. Not only do they accept pets in non-smoking rooms but they do not overcharge for this either ($10.00 per night). The staff is very friendly and accomodating.

There is a sports bar beside the lobby that is busy every time we stay there. The hubby and I went into it on our last visit and were not too impressed with the food (even sent some back and refused to pay). Had great cold bevies though:)

The continental breakfast is one of the better ones for this price range of a hotel - there is a number of choices, even hot waffles.

This is not a hotel for families if you are spending any kind of time here - no pool. My teenagers don't mind it but we only stay here when we are on one of our long trips and are stopping for the night to sleep.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family

Been to Lakeview Inn & Suites Fort Saskatchewan? Share your experiences!