“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Kanata by BCMInns

Save Saved
You added The Kanata by BCMInns to your Saves list
The Kanata by BCMInns
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9820 - 86 Avenue, Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta T0A 3K0, Canada   |
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Held a conference at this hotel and it was excellent. The food was very good and the staff were most accommodating. The conference room was very well equipped for the meeting to proceed successfully. The room I was appointed was fantastic! What a pleasant surprise to have a suite assigned to me: granite eating counter with microwave/bar fridge/coffee maker, couch/chair and fireplace in the "living room", bedroom was a separate room with a magnificent comfortable kingsize bed, jacuzzi tub, shower and steamer combined. A lovely treat!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Andrew M, General Manager at The Kanata by BCMInns, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us in Fort Saskatchewan. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and that your meeting was so successful. We absolutely do our best to make our guests feel at home and give them the best services we can offer.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again next time you are in our community.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Corner Brook, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The lady at the front deck was very friendly and helpful. Very clean and comfortable rooms. We were there for two great nights. The rooms were decorated very nicely. Beds and pillows were super! Didn't want to get out of the bed.Breakfast was good as will. We will be returning again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew M, General Manager at The Kanata by BCMInns, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us and thank you for the kind words about our property. Our team takes a lot of pride in the hotel and what we have to offer for sure.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay and thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were in Fort Saskatchewan.
Three Hills, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot for work & find the average hotel rather 'ho hum', so attention to small things makes a big difference for me. Kanata is one such place.

Most hotel beds are utilitarian & not the best quality. I loved the soft, pillowy feel of the King I slept in - definitely not the norm for most places.

Room decor was inviting and pleasant.

Most hotels offer some sort of a 'free breakfast', although one is never quite sure what that actually means. I was pleasantly surprised by the array of hot & cold offerings of this facility. Waffles, pancakes, sausage, bacon, eggs, decent hash browns along with a great selection of breads, fruit, cereal, yoghurt & drinks. Even the breakfast room had a warm, welcoming environment.

A good option to consider when in the area.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Andrew M, General Manager at The Kanata by BCMInns, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us here in Fort Saskatchewan and thank you for the kind words about our hotel.

We absolutely do strive to ensure that we are consistently offering quality service and quality product here. I am glad that you enjoyed your bed and had a good sleep, as well as got a good start to the day with our breakfast.

Thank you again for your time in writing this to us and we look forward to serving you again when you are in Fort Saskatchewan.
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Was in town for a meeting the next day and the hotel clerk was very helpful and cheerful at checkin! The next day they were even very good about a late check out! Room was very clean! Even plugins for the cold night! Not sure about others saying bad internet/service ... There were about 10+ connections for wifi to choose from...And great Staff!
Hot Breakfast Buffet was great! you'd Pay $12+/person for this and it's free! Bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes,toast, bagels, coffee, Juice, Fruit, Yogurt!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Andrew M, General Manager at The Kanata by BCMInns, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us at here in Fort Saskatchewan. We absolutely do pride ourselves in the team that we have and the product that we offer, both in our rooms and in our breakfast selection. We know the importance of getting the day off to a good start.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again next time you are in Fort Saskatchewan.
Winnipeg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Kanata Inn in Fort Saskatchewan. On checking in on Christmas Eve we were told there would be no breakfast on Christmas morning (although they advertise the breakfast as part of the booking), and that there would be no housekeeping on Christmas Day - so no towels, etc. Okay, we could live with that. On Christmas night we returned to our hotel - had to go to the main floor to get ice for a drink in the room, as the ice machine on the 3rd floor didn't work. I tried to have a bath, however the drain plug did not hold, and the water leaked out as fast as I tried to fill it. During the night the temperature in our room went up to 85 degrees F. We reported this to the front desk clerk the next morning as we were leaving the hotel. When we returned that evening the room temperature was 65F, and the window was wide open. Closed the window, set the temp for 68F. During the night again the temperature rose to over 80F. We tried turning on the a/c but it was so noisy, and cutting in/out every 5 minutes that we couldn't sleep. Called down to the desk abut midnight - and a young man listened to my story, and replied "have a good night". Really???? The next morning at check-out our bill reflected approximately 8% discount for "unsatisfactory stay". The clerk on the desk was very cool, and said the problem was because of the fluctuation in outdoor temperature, and she had the same problem at her apartment!
This hotel is beautiful, and the room was comfortable and nice. Unfortunately, the attitude of the staff, and heating system will prevent us from returning to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew M, General Manager at The Kanata by BCMInns, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us in Fort Saskatchewan.

I want to first of all apologize for the experience you had with us. At the Kanata Inn we always strive to make sure our guests feel welcome and valued. Any concern that you have is something that we should be addressing and taking action to correct. You are the reason we are here and the service you receive and the comforts that we offer are absolutely of the highest importance.

Your understanding about Christmas Day with the breakfast is greatly appreciated, as we want all of our team to enjoy their Christmas with their friends and family. Thank you very much for brining to our attention the concerns you had with your guest room. This is how we, as a group, learn and grow so that we can ensure that guests are completely satisfied.

Thank you very much again for taking the time to let us know about your stay and for the kind words about the cleanliness and comfort of the hotel and the room. I do hope we will see you again and I hope you had a happy holiday season.

Regards,

Andrew Mackinnon
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

The staff seemed indifferent that I'm there. It's not like it's busy times and they don't need one more guest, the hotel was pretty much empty. Internet didn't work for 2 out of the 6 nights I was there. Reported to front desk staff and she couldn't care less. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Andrew M, General Manager at The Kanata by BCMInns, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us at the Kanata Inn. I sincerely thank you for the insight and apologize if one of our associates left you feeling the way you did. I assure you that at the Kanata Inn we absolutely value all of our guests and their feedback so we know where we shine and we can learn where our opportunities are.

Thank you again for your time and passing this valuable information to us so we can improve. I hope that we will get another opportunity to serve you while you are in Fort Saskatchewan.

Kindest regards,

Andrew M.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel when it was the Hospitality Inn and it was wonderful. This last trip in August my son and I were there for 8 night and I was very disappointed. The facilities are still good quality and the rooms are beautiful and large.It was the service that I had a problem with, it has gone down since the new ownership. The Jacuzzi was out of order most of the time I was there, the person running the front desk was rude and unhelpful and the cleaning staff cleaned my room usually after 3 pm. Info about what is available in the hotel was missing from the room and when I asked about getting a TV channel guide was told to look on the TV. When I went back again and asked the night clerk (one of the nicer desk clerks) they had a laminated one in the drawer very handy. The biggest disappointment was the breakfast. That had been the best part about the hotel. Last year the staff was accommodating , super friendly and the buffet was always fully stocked. This time they ran out of items for days in a row and the staff was slow and unfriendly, They also got billing wrong at the end ,which I fortunately figured out before I left the Hotel. I will probably look at one of the other hotels next year. All that made the Hotel stay OK was the facility is still a really nice place

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MusgravesHospInns, General Manager at The Kanata by BCMInns, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us in Fort Saskatchewan. I truly appreciate the feedback that you have provided us.

As the new General Manager at the Kanata Inns in Fort Saskatchewan, I absolutely assure you that giving all of our guests a quality experience, both in the service and product that we offer, is of the upmost importance to me. I know the absolute value of having the right team which is passionate about taking care of our guests and offering a "home away from home" experience.

Thank you very much again for letting us know about your stay and I sincerely hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you and your family again when you are in our community.

Been to The Kanata by BCMInns? Share your experiences!