We spent 3 nights at the Kanata Inn in Fort Saskatchewan. On checking in on Christmas Eve we were told there would be no breakfast on Christmas morning (although they advertise the breakfast as part of the booking), and that there would be no housekeeping on Christmas Day - so no towels, etc. Okay, we could live with that. On Christmas night we returned to our hotel - had to go to the main floor to get ice for a drink in the room, as the ice machine on the 3rd floor didn't work. I tried to have a bath, however the drain plug did not hold, and the water leaked out as fast as I tried to fill it. During the night the temperature in our room went up to 85 degrees F. We reported this to the front desk clerk the next morning as we were leaving the hotel. When we returned that evening the room temperature was 65F, and the window was wide open. Closed the window, set the temp for 68F. During the night again the temperature rose to over 80F. We tried turning on the a/c but it was so noisy, and cutting in/out every 5 minutes that we couldn't sleep. Called down to the desk abut midnight - and a young man listened to my story, and replied "have a good night". Really???? The next morning at check-out our bill reflected approximately 8% discount for "unsatisfactory stay". The clerk on the desk was very cool, and said the problem was because of the fluctuation in outdoor temperature, and she had the same problem at her apartment!
This hotel is beautiful, and the room was comfortable and nice. Unfortunately, the attitude of the staff, and heating system will prevent us from returning to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our guest suites have been designed with spacious and unique layouts to meet the needs of traveling families, business guests and large groups or sports teams. For the comfort of our guests Simmons Beauty Rest World Class Bouveat Island Plush Pillow Top Mattresses(C) accompanied by a 42" LCD flat screen TV's furnish all the rooms. Our "Hot & Hearty Heartland Breakfast" is complementary to our guest's every morning. We offer a variety of amenities including; Business Center, Fitness room, Whirlpool Tub, Banquet and Meeting facilities, Guest Laundry Services, and quality In-Room amenities. With our "Yes, we can!" Attitude, you will be impressed at the Kanata by BCMInns. We are a unique blend of Heartland Hospitality and 21st century technology. Our guest will enjoy Impeccable Style, Spectacular Service and Detail-Oriented Amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Kanata by BCMInns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hospitality Inns Hotel Fort Saskatchewan
- Hospitality Inns And Suites
- The Kanata By BCMInns Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta