“Great service clean quite but hard beds lumpy pillows.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Western Budget Motel Leduc

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leduc
Western Budget Motel Leduc
Save Saved
You added Western Budget Motel Leduc to your Saves list
8120 Sparrow Crescent, Leduc, Alberta T9E 8B7, Canada   |
Ranked #9 of 11 hotels in Leduc
Alberta
“Great service clean quite but hard beds lumpy pillows.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

The place is not bad the service is very good, free breakfast, clean, fire place in room nice in winter small pool well kept.

When on a budget it's 20 to 30$ cheaper then compitition in area.

Only complaint is hard beds lumpy pillows.

• Stayed June 2012

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Red Deer, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

BIG sign outside - $59 single. I went inside to inquire. "sorry we don't have any of those rooms, we only have 4 rooms at that price and they're all taken"

Next option, $99. Still a good price, I'll take it. I give her my credit card and when I get the card machine back to enter in my pin it says $289.00.

Why is it almost $300 for one nights stay?

"Oh" she says, "we charge a $150 deposit on your credit card, but don't worry, you will get it back after 3 to 4 days."

Forget it, I haven't even seen the room yet and I already feel dirty.

Do like me, I drove a few blocks north and stayed at the hotel 6. The room is a good size and very clean, free WIFI and only $79' oh and no $150 deposit that I won't get back for 3 to 4 days!!

Room Tip: Don't go here!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Rocky Mountain House, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Very basic room, price is their main draw. Rooms are barely acceptable, shower had black mold / mildew in the corners, carpets were stained, sheets were wrinkly and beds poorly made making us leery, causing us to inspect them closely, they seemed okay? All I can say is it was a basic room, okay for an 8 hour stay, anything longer I'll go to the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed June 2012
alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We like to use this hotel prior to flying from YEG.
The rooms are basic, clean and comfortable. However, this time my credit card was pre-auth'd for $150 deposit, pus the room charges for 2 rooms ...so it ended up being $500 in pre-auth's charges.
I fail to see why a deposit needs to be charged.. I do not get charged a deposit when I eat at a restaurant or enter a store! Granted, there is always a risk of dishonesty, but that sadly, is just the nature of any business!
Thankfully, there is a new Marriott being built on airport property, and we won't need to use the western budget anymore!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My family and I have stayed numerous times with the various Western Budgets around the Edmonton Airport and have never been disappointed. The staff are always friendly, the service is fast. Dependable airport service as well.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Glendon,Ab
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

The girls at the front desk were very helpful with getting us to the airport with shuttle and returning.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hinton, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We have used the Western Budget #2 quite frequently in the past but after our last stay we will NEVER return!! I made our reservation 2 weeks ahead of time and told them it would be a late check in as our flight returned at midnight. I had also asked how to get a $59.00 room and was told they don't offer that rate on weekdays, only on weekends. Well, I have stayed there many weekends and have never seen that rate. It's false advertising! When we were checking in on this occasion, we asked for a ground level floor because of our heavy suitcases and no elevators but there were none available. Whatever, so we went to our room and there was a Do Not Disturb sign on the door. Figuring maybe someone just went by and hung it there, I tried our keys. Well thank goodness they didn't work but the front desk clerk happened to be coming down the hallway at the time and we told him about the sign and that our keys didn't work. He happened to have the master key and said he would let us in and get us new keys. Well he removed the sign and opened the door and we could hear someone say HELLO!! This was at 1:15am! There was someone checked into the room already!! When we had first checked in we were told they were sold out of rooms so I had said to the front desk clerk I had hoped they had one more. He responded with, he could find me one. We finally were able to check in at about 1:45am. The room was filthy and the linens were disgusting. My husband mentioned to front desk the next morning while checking out what had happened at our check in. The front desk staff seemed very nonchalant on our issues. He was just told that they will look into it. Well a little late for that!! They didn't offer a discount or apology. I stopped by as we were leaving the hotel and said it was very unprofessional the way the situation was handled and wanted to speak to the manager. Well the man and woman that were at the front desk said they were the managers. I again spoke of our complaint and told them it was obsurd that they handled it with a "Whatever" attitude. They pretty much just argued their case so I turned around and walked out. My husband & I along with our 2 kids had just stayed there a few weeks before that before and after our flights to Mexico and had a dirty room then too. They put us on the second floor then too and we had 4 huge suitcases to lug up the stairs. It didn't seem to matter to the strange guy at the front desk. He happened to be the one that checked us in on all 3 of our stays. I guess we should have learned from our stay when we went to Mexico that this is a nasty place but thought we'd give it another chance. NEVER AGAIN WILL WE STAY THERE OR RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE!! The surrounding hotels, some of which look quite nice, are only $10 - $20 more per night which is well worth it. (We have been staying at this motel for several years and have seen it go downhill)

Room Tip: There are none.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Western Budget Motel Leduc? Share your experiences!