“What a Nice Place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Western Budget Motel Leduc

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leduc
Western Budget Motel Leduc
You added Western Budget Motel Leduc to your Saves list
8120 Sparrow Crescent, Leduc, Alberta T9E 8B7, Canada   |
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Leduc
“What a Nice Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2008

My flight out of Edmonton had been cancelled due to bad weather in the north and since the airline would not do anything, I was on my own to find a hotel overnight. Completely stressed I called three hotels who wanted over $120 for the night. I decided to call the Western Budget, having driven by it many times but had never stopped to investigate.

I called and they immediately sent their free shuttle to the airport. The room was very reasonable and was HUGE. King sized bed, full sized fridge, table, chairs, desk, two living room type chairs and even a fireplace.....yes a gas fireplace. I curled up in one of the large chairs, feet up by the fire and sipped a tea. (in room tea and coffee provided too!) In the morning, a basic breakfast was available and a free shuttle back to the airport.

I'll definitely be back.

• Liked — Size of the room and the price!
  • Disliked — No problems noted
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Grande Prairie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2008

I would not usually write a review on a hotel but I am feeling compelled to warn people about the horrible service at the Leduc Western Budget (#1). My husband & I stayed there before leaving on our christmas vacation. The front desk lady was rude & not accomadating at all. The room stunk & I have NEVER slept in a more uncomfortable bed in MY LIFE. The worst was the night desk guy & that put me & my husband over the top. It was ALL BAD. We ended up leaving that same night & staying at the travelodge (without getting our money back at the western budget) I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THE WESTERN BUDGET - LEDUC to ANYONE!!!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
western1LeducAlberta, Managers at Western Budget Motel Leduc, responded to this review, January 16, 2008
I am coimpelled to responed to our custmerscomments
My wife and I took over this western budget location Dec 1st,07
We were never aware of complaints about a smelly room and would have offered a new room or a room in one of our other 2 great buildings.
We try our hardest to please eveyone ,even those whom seem never to be happy..
We have many happy customers of all ages
whom ,enjoy our, breakfast,,pool jacuzzis and location to the airport.
Were sorry you had a bad stay .
We are very friendly people and love our customers.My wife hhas a heart of gold and is never rude to anyone..we would love you al come see for yourself What most of our customers Call ""there home away from home" Dede & Tim Ramey Managers

\
alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2007

We stayed here 4 nights with many problems. First make sure you know the address to the hotel you are staying at as there are three Western Budgets all within a block. We stayed at #1.
The staff are very nice and the rooms well sized...that's about all that was good.
To start while walking up (no elevator) to our second floor room we could smell pot. We informed front desk and they said they couldn't find the room that it was from...The beds were the most uncomfortable that I have ever slept on and the pillows were barely there and rock hard. We had a room with a kitchenette. No microwave and our fridge had issues and every 1.5 hours would make a really loud noise even at night. Would have unplugged it but baby formula was in there.
The room across from ours was being renovated so my 6 month old son was awaken every morning at 7:30. The pool was also under renovation :(
Breakfast left a lot to be desired...plus you can't take the food out of the breakfast room and they have no highchairs... so basically if you have little ones it's eat while holding them.
Also don't plan on hanging the do not disturb sign on the door and expect them to read it. One afternoon had my son down for a nap and knock knock knock...housekeeping and if you ignore them they just come right in...so much for him sleeping.
And the worst, most annoying issue... everyday we had to get the card key reactivated. So we'd go down for breakfast have to get the card redone. Go out shopping had to have the card redone. They seem to rest the system for the cards everyday for every room at about 11 am. So very very annoying.
Do not plan to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2007

Typical low end room. Was told 59/nt when I booked but charged 79 when I checked in. manager totally uncooperative and told me I could stay elsewhere, and I shall next time

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Northwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2007

I've stayed at this and several other of the Western Budgets (in Red Deer) several the hotel is casual and pleasant. The rooms are large w/ nice fake flame fireplaces (and just ignore the fake flowers and the like included as decor). Usually the hotel is very clean. Every so often in each of these hotels I've had an "off" stay--room not very clean, halls dirty, etc. The prices of the rooms vary significantly, so book in advance if you want the less expensive rooms.

• Liked — Convenience; large rooms; heat (in cold, cold Edmonton) and fire place
  • Disliked — No pets policy, not always clean
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2007

The toughest part was accessing this hotel it from the highway. Once there it was in the perfect location if going to the Edmonton International Airport. The rooms were HUGE. Although obviously an older the hotel the rooms were were clean and very big. The guy at the front desk was pleasant.We checked out before the contintental breakfast so can not comment on that. No elevators that I noticed but there is a "lift" up the stairs. If travelling with children when on the second floor you cannot access the indoor pool from the inside.
I will most definatley stay here again when having to go to the airport. No complaints! Clean and huge rooms. Oh yeah the price is right too. Our king room was 79.00.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2007

We have stayed at this motel many, MANY times over the past three years. When I was pregnant with my twins, we drove four hours every couple of weeks to see my OB/Gyn in Edmonton and we stayed at the Western Budget. We lived in the hotel for three weeks while waiting to deliver in 2005. Since then, nearly every time we go into the city, we have stayed there, as well. When I've come without the family/kids, I've had a wonderful time on my own as well. My common-law husband books the room with his credit card over the phone (they know us from being there so long) and when I arrive, I pay with cash/debit card.

Well, this time, two days ago (April 24, 2007) hubby had booked two days for me and I had brought my 9 and 10 yr old boys to drop at the airport the next day. The woman at the front desk - right from the start! - was extremely RUDE. She was snarky and mean. She essentially told me that even though we'd stayed so many times and never had to worry about this (I don't carry a credit card because of debt problems with my ex-husband) that she wouldn't give us a room. It didn't matter that it was 8.30PM and my two children were standing there with home four hours away. She told me off, told my hubby (I phoned him and he phoned her) off and gave him the number to the Motel 8 down the street. I didn't even wait for her to finish up with him on the phone but left to maintain my temper.

Fortunately, the Motel 8 people were very nice and gave us a room without any credit card problems or nastiness. I am greatful to the people there to treat us so well.

Before I left the city, I phoned and got the woman's name and found out that not only has she apparently treated others this way before, but that she probably gets away with it cuz she's the general manager. I will be writing to the company's head office ASAP to complain. We well NEVER stay there again, which makes me sad. The others there have always been pleasant and friendly and willing to help but this woman has left a terrible taste in my mouth. I will NOT be treated like I am a liar, cheat, scounderal, witch by anyone. She also treated my mother rudely on the phone when she tried to contact me about flight info for my kids.

This IS a lovely place to stay and everyone else I've ever dealt with has been great. But beware this woman, as you will not be treated well or respectfully. Oh, and make sure that you have a credit card on you even if you already booked using you card either online or over the phone. Even if you haven't ever needed to worry about it before.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Western Budget Motel Leduc? Share your experiences!