“Impressive from all the staff to a fantastic meal, best we've had ever.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel

Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Leduc
“Impressive from all the staff to a fantastic meal, best we've had ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Went to check out the halo bar and stayed for dinner and then decided we were having such a good time we stayed the night. The staff from the door man all the way to the the bartenders and waiters etc were impressively friendly. The food was the best my wife and I have had for many years. I had chicken and my wife the lamb shank (fresh Alberta lamb) both meals just excellent. Over all we'll certainly return and expect to be further impressed.

• Stayed June 2014
Renaissance_YEG, General Manager at Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello Hclord – Our HALO Chef & Culinary Team was excited to hear that their great meal and service convinced you to make it a whole Renaissance experience. Thank you for staying with us and taking the time for this great review. There is always something new to discover at the Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel and during your next visit please come and enjoy one of our RLife Live Events in Halo Bar.
We hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Wow! Wow! Wow! What an amazing hotel. My husband and I stayed here the night before our flight. I didn't know what to expect but the hotel was probably one of the nicest I have ever stayed at. We had not been in our room more than five minutes when my husband said he would like to come back for a weekend even if we were not flying anywhere (high praise indeed)! The decor is modern elegance (not for everyone) but one must appreciate the effort that went into the design - brilliant in my opinion. Our room overlooking the runway was perfect in every way, comfortable, clean, very well appointed. The bathrooms are lovely and the towels amazing. Being a former employee of the Four Seasons chain I tend to notice every detail, it is the first hotel I have stayed in were there was nothing to fault. They even make the beds right. I have a pet peeve about duvets being tucked in and then you have to rip the bed apart to get covered but here they make it just right. The staff were friendly and helpful, and obviously very proud of their property. The food in the lounge was good and the prices very reasonable especially for a airport hotel. We had a club room so we were able to use the club lounge which was also well appointed and had a very nice hot breakfast (simple but varied enough for most and delicious) and extremely helpful staff. Being able to step out of your room and be at the airport check in counter in less than five minutes makes travelling a breeze. On top of that the bellman takes your luggage for you. This is the first time I have ever written a review but this hotel certainly deserved one. Even if your not flying anywhere this place is worth checking out.

Room Tip: A runway view is awesome!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Renaissance_YEG, General Manager at Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Hi Free2Wheel - Thank you for your great review and feedback and you did very well for your first review. I truly appreciate reading reviews about great service, great ambassadors, good experiences and I am always excited to share these with all of our ambassadors. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance.
drgmobile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This brand new hotel is very conveniently located adjacent to the airport terminal. The hotel has a great restaurant, good gym facility and a focus on service throughout the property. The rooms are quite large, with nice large shower-only bathroom. The ultra modern interior will not be for everybody, but this property is nevertheless on my top list for airport properties.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Renaissance_YEG, General Manager at Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Hi Drgmobile – Thank you for staying with us whilst discovering Edmonton and area. Your great review and feedback is very valuable to us and I am happy to hear that our ultra-modern design and service appeals to you. Thank you for the top rating and I hope to see you again soon at the Renaissance in Edmonton.
ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Spent 3 nights here using the hotel as a base to fly same day return destinations to northern Alberta business destinations.Food was good and the staff were great and very responsive.Rooms in top shape - beds very nice to sleep in. Other stores a short drive away at the airport area or in Leduc. My lasting impression is that the staff here, unlike other Marriott properties, really do want my business again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hi Happycamper77 - Thank you for the generous words and we are thrilled to hear that you had the chance to discover some of our amazing new and different amenities. We really do appreciate your business and can’t wait to welcome you back to our Renaissance.
Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was in a panic after missing the last flight to my home, Fort McMurray last night. Everything seemed to be going wrong all at once. There were no more flights, no rental cars and my phone charger was acting up and not charging my phone for me to make any calls. My feet were sore from running up and down the airport trying to find a way to get myself home. My boyfriend, who was still in Fort McMurray booked me in to the Renaissance, and when I arrived I was greeted by two smiling faces. I must apologize, I do not remember the lady's name at the front desk who helped me check in, but I do remember Daniel. He reassured me that everything was going to be alright and offered me water saying that "a stressed out body needs more water than usual." He showed me to the elevator and told me if there was anything I needed to contact the front desk. Fantastic customer service when it seemed like everywhere in the airport was a dead end.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Renaissance_YEG, General Manager at Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Hi Rhymeswithirsty – Thanks for this great feedback. I am so pleased to hear that our ambassadors and Daniel were able to make your day after all that running around and do hope that you made it home to Fort McMurray without any further delays. We look forward to seeing you again soon at the Renaissance.
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I was really REALLY excited to have an airport hotel actually attached to the Edmonton airport since I fly through here a lot and frequently have to stay overnight. I walked into the lobby and was greeted by no less than 3 people, but it seemed really over the top. Room is VERY modern, which is nice but makes me feel like I am either staying at IKEA or the Jetsons'. So modern that I cannot find a PLUG FOR MY COMPUTER.
And internet is $10. And the room service food was fast but not very good.
Maybe they need to work out a few kinks! :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hi jocelynnc2014 – thank you for your feedback and I apologize for our overwhelming welcome to the hotel. Our ambassadors are eager to showcase the new hotel and generally just very excited to welcome every single guest to the Renaissance and to Edmonton. As a new property, on occasion we experience minor flaws and we rely on your feedback to iron these kinks out. I can assure you that there will be ample plugs for electronics in your room next time.
St. Albert
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This hotel opened about a month ago. This was our first visit. We fly every few weeks. We thought we would try the Halo restaurant instead of going to the restaurants inside the airport. I believe the inside airport places are all owned by the same company but operating under different names (aka monopoly). Our waitress was Sasha, a young woman with red hair and a great attitude. Service was great. The décor was super luxurious and space-age modern. I had the braised lamb shank. 10 out of 10. My wife had the turkey confit sandwich and in-house made vegetable chips. All very good. Between 4 and 7 p.m. all wine is half price - even the bottles. What a nice surprise. I would dread to think what the beautiful furnishings and general decorations would have cost. Many millions. This was a very pleasant experience and we will use this restaurant every time we go to the airport - as long as the service, atmosphere and food remain this good.

Room Tip: Do not know. We just used the restaurant.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi PaulAlberta - Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I will pass the compliments on to our Halo Bar|Bistro Chef Brandon and to Sasha and I can assure you that everything you experienced will remain this good.
The next time you’re at Halo Bar|Bistro, be sure to try the perogies, the recipe was handed down to our Chef from his grandmother!

Been to Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!