“Falling Apart” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Leduc
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Falling Apart”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

During the first stay we left with very sore necks due to the height of all of the pillows so upon our return this past weekend we asked reception if they had any lower pillows or ones with different filling. She said that it wasn't likely but she would check with a permanent employee. We never heard from her again so we substituted a spare blanket and bath towels. Both were quite hard to sleep on but at least they were lower.
Also, the room was very hot. We attempted to lower the temperature only to find out that the wall control was not functioning. Then it became very cold. We returned to the front desk and informed them of this and the very loose toilet seat. We offered to change rooms but were told that wasn't necessary and maintenance would be called. That was at 7:30 pm Saturday. Once again, never heard from them again.
Besides these issues there was garbage in the drawers from a previous guest, an elevator wasn't operational and the deadbolt plate was missing and it appears that the room had been previously broken into and now the deadbolt wouldn't close. I did fill out their survey and submit it to the front desk. We used to stay here often, but there are many choices so this high-priced fixer-upper is off our list.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Clerks were difficult, bathroom on main floor had puke all over it which we understand since there was a Christmas party. But not if it's still there 12 hours later!! The breakfast took an hour and a half making us late for our shuttle. The only good part was the lovely lady giving us water bottles at the lineup for reservations as they were incredibly long.

• Stayed December 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed in this hotel just for one night before our week long trip and I won't go back unless there is nothing else available. The front desk clerk we had wasn't very friendly and seemed rather short with me. When I asked about airport parking she informed me about the park and fly across the street and gave me a coupon (which turned out to be invalid).

The room itself was just fair. Somewhat up to date. The walls are PAPER thin. You can hear everything in the hallway and woke up to what I'm assuming was housekeeping at about four oclock in the morning clearing up the room service dishes from outside.

Speaking of room service, it was great. Food was good quality and timely delivered. Check out was quick in the morning. Good hotel for one night stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Room was okay, had the upgraded hardwood floors. Train was loud in morning but that isn't hotels fault. Few drinks at the sports bar, service wasn't fantastic but they were friendly enough. Breakfast buffet is expensive for the selection, it wasn't very busy and most stuff was out, what was there tasted fine. Service wasn't great. Location is everything but might try one of the newer locations next time especially if I don't care about going to a lounge.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed here when we moved here from b.c . for 7 months staff where great we had our Great Dane and our Yorkshire Terrior with us and the staff all loved them. Food was good but the menu never changes so we ate at other restaurants in the area of the hotel but I would stay there again if I had to.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Leduc, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of days with my family. The rooms were very nice. A couple staff members at the front desk didn't seem very knowledgeable. The check in process was a bit slow. I love that the toiletries they provide are Bath & Body Works. The staff in the restaurant were very friendly and the service was quick. The hotel doesn't have a pool or gym anymore but they over you access to the pool at the other hotel down the road. It's also very close to the airport which is a plus.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Hinton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference being held here. The room was comfortable, water very hot, and restaurant staff helpful. The main issue I had was with the amount of chemicals they use in the bedding. I could smell bleach (or something similar) as soon as I opened the door, and I had to take the sheets of and use my own, and even so I was coughing all night. I don't imagine this is a problem for most people - when I asked the housekeeping staff if they had any alternative "earth friendly" or "less chemical" bedding and they looked at me as if I had two heads and politely said they did not. I am surprised by this, and I think it will be something getting more attention in the future. In any case, I felt ill from all the sanitation! I would not recommend coming here with kids.

I don't like to be negative, and want to reiterate that overall the hotel was very nice, but if you have health concerns or breathing difficulties I would avoid this hotel. It is an excellent location for the airport. You could almost walk there. The TV signal was also very strong.

Room Tip: A train runs along the east side and uses it's horn in this area.