“Stayed 3 nights for business” 4 of 5 stars

Executive Royal Inn Leduc-Nisku
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8450 Sparrow Dr, Leduc, Alberta T9E 7G4, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Leduc
“Stayed 3 nights for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed three nights for business, used the shuttle numerous times as our business was at the airport. The king sized bed was comfortable, the room was large, and the jetted tub worked well. I had to use earplugs to sleep as the train/plane/highway noise was loud. Hallways were not as bad as the pictures showed. Room service was quick and reasonable, same food as what was served in the lounge. Very good hotel to stay at for business purposes.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights to attend a nearby event. We haven't considered this airport hotel before as it is usually priced higher than some of the neighbouring options. We found a good rate on an advance purchase travel site. Our room was great, very spacious and comfortable. We would consider this hotel in the future if we could find good rates. We didn't eat at the restaurant so I can't comment on the food.

Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed here as it is close at the airport. I was pleasantly greeted by the front desk staff who checked me in at night, I remember her name Cherry, she was very pleasing and very accommodating, the most friendly person I met at the hotel. She had provided me information about the hotel facilities, restaurants etc. I also liked the food. I will definitely be back again and will strongly recommend to everyone I know.

Room Tip: ask for room far from railways
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Jaffray B.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

A particular front desk clerk, I'll call her Cherry, I've found on several occasions during my 2 week stay to have a poor attitude for the service industry that she is in. I found she will let you know indirectly how much of an inconvenience you are to her as a valued guest. I've dealt with her on the phone and at the front desk more than once with the same impression as the last. My advice to a manager would be to explain that listening to what the customer is saying rather than assuming you already know what they want would be a good start to improving your skills in the service industry. I enjoyed the restaurant for 2 meals a day and had no desire to eat elsewhere. The food was great as well as the service. My work will require me in Nisku for another 5 weeks and regretfully I will be looking at staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: King rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Russell F, Guest Relations Manager at Executive Royal Inn Leduc-Nisku, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Afternoon Mike L,
Thank you for taking the time to provide me with your feedback, and I would like to apologize for the poor attitude you encountered at the front desk. I have personally addressed this issue with the front desk agent and have been assured that this will be corrected. I will also be using your comments and suggestions to help train the front desk in the proper ways to communicate with guest(s). Again I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered and the incoveinences they may have caused.
If you would like to discuss this matter further or have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at guestservices @royalinn.com.

Russell Friesen
Ardrossan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed there last weekend July 5 and 6th. 2013 . The front staff do not seem to like their job. Could not greet us with a welcome and enjoy your stay. And when we left could not ask us if we enjoyed our stay. We have never had that happen to us before, and we do visit many hotels in our travels. The cleaning staff on the other hand we very pleasant. The hotel is very nice but would not stay there again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Afternoon,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent stay at our property. Please allow me to apologize that the customer service at the front desk did not meet your expectations. I have looked into your concerns, specifically with the way you were met at the front desk both upon arrival and check-out, and will be using your concerns to inform the staff the negative effects that a poor attitude can have on a guest's stay, I would like to again apologize for the issues you encountered and any inconveinences it may have caused you, and I would like reassure you that this matter has been dealt with and steps are being put in place to help prevent this from happening in the future.
If you have any other concerns or comments please feel free to contact me directly at guestservices@royalinn.com.

Thank-You,

Russell Friesen
moncton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

we stayed the night and we were warmly greeted at reception , the room was very clean and well stocked in the bathroom, we ate at the restaurant the food was very good and plenty on the plate . Will stay there again when in edmonton alberta.

Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel July 6-7. Overall it was a good hotel, the rooms and building were nice and clean. The exterior is the plain beige of all royal inns, but the interior in quite nicely appointed.
However, the staff really did not seem overly happy on any occassion. No smiles, no enthusiasm, no information offered about what the hotel has to offer. Having been our first stay it would have been nice to get some info on the hotel from the girl that checked us in. We heard from another guest that if we had went to the bar and paid the $10 cover charge we could have recieved vouchers for the $23 buffett. That would have been nice to know.
We ate at the lounge across from check in. The food was good enough, no complaints there. But again poor service, not too happy to be working there, not setting an atmosphere that would make us want to stay for another drink or two. The waitress even commented how displeased she was to have to work all night by herself.
Sunday morning we had the buffet, again delicious food....but our waitress was terrible. We sat for about 10min before we had our drink order taken, and then we had to flag her down to refill our coffees, she never picked up plates so we had several plates stacked up on our table and never checked on how we enjoyed everything, never brought our bill we had to go up the counter and try to describe to the hostess where we were sitting.
FYI coffee is not included in the buffett and it comes in at a whopping $2.85/cup for mediocre black coffee. Also, not mentioned by the waitress who was incapable of engaing in conversation with her guests.
So while this hotel is very nice and the food is quite good, I will not stay again or recommend this hotel based on the quality of staff.

Good Day Jenny 34,
First I would like to apologize that your experience at our hotel did not live upto your expectations. I have addressed the lack of enthusiam with the front, and am in the process of creating a way to improve the the general moral and excitement at the front desk, as well expressing the importance of communicating information of the hotel and general area. I have shared your concerns with the departments head as well, so the can work on creating a positive staff attitude in their departments.

Again I do apologize for the experience you encountered at are hotel, and thank you for your comments as they will be used as a training tool to help the staff understand the importance of a good attitude.

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly

Been to Executive Royal Inn Leduc-Nisku? Share your experiences!