“Good enough for a night stop!” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   501-11 Avenue, Nisku, Alberta T9E 7N5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Nisku
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Good enough for a night stop!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My work booked me into this hotel, and its not that bad (as most people say it is on here)

The beds are queen sized and very comfy. The WiFi works perfectly well, and the rooms are sizeable with a clean bathroom, and a fairly good shower. Rooms come with a microwave and a TV.

A free shuttle service is available from the airport to the hotel. Be aware that down town Edmonton is 35km away so its not ideal for persons looking for bars. However if you get the shuttle back to the airport once your checked in, and hop in a cab, ask for Boston Pizza. Good food and beer.

A perfectly adequate night stop after a long flight, with friendly check in staff.

Room Tip: Don't expect decent views from any rooms!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

The area itself was a little sketchy, and the hotel was not much better. There was a musty smell to the room, and I didn't realize what it was until I took my shoes off to get into bed. It was the carpet, which felt damp and cold. If you are looking to get a good nights rest, I would not suggest staying here either, as I was woken up by the people upstairs, and their wake-up phone call at 4am.
In the morning I went down for the Continental Breakfast. I suggest just going elsewhere to eat. There were fruit flies in the bread bag, the cereal was stale, and the fruit was days old.
I rated a 2 out of 5, as the women at the front desk were very nice, and very helpful. And the location was ideal for leaving for the airport in the AM.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ylw
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Unfortunately Westjet booked me into this place when flight cancelled but I would have been better off sleeping in the airport.

I arrived and was given a non-smoking room on the second floor which smelled like an ashtray, with no elevator and no offer from the desk staff to help carry bags in. When I asked about a key for my room, I was told that the machine that codes the door keys was broken so all of the rooms are unlocked - you can lock yourself in, but just prop the door open if you need to leave your room. Seriously? What kind of "hotel" is this? Not only would I never stay here again, I'm not sure that I will fly Westjet again - they can't control the weather but they sure can control where they send their guests when there are unavoidable delays.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay in this hotel if you are a non-smoker.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Nomad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I was very disappointed with this hotel. Though the lady at the reception tried to be helpful, there wasn't much she could do as she seemed to be the only one on duty.
Wifi is a prerequisite for me when I select a hotel - when I booked this hotel, it said it had a wifi but after I checking in I discovered that their network was down and they didn't have anyone to fix it. The breakfast was mediocre at best, and the cafe room just mediocre. You're better off staying at any of the other hotels within a stone throw away from this one.
The hotel itself is "fine" - the management could do a lot better if they accept the challenge to turn this place around.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not next to the elevator!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
duncan, bc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel and the holiday inn express also. Although the breakfast buffet was sparse the pricing, staff friendliness and the room size and decor was far superior. It is obvious they have spend a lot of money upgrading the interior. A plus also was not constantly hearing the train coming thru are room and for 40. And a superior room we certainly could not ask for more!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Peace River, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We were planning to take a trip, and leave our car at the hotel for a week. They did not tell us on the phone that parking was available on first come first serve basis. When I went on to the website where they told me that it stated the comment, I could not find a first come first serve parking anywhere, and the lady that was on the phone was very rude and made me feel that I was in the wrong. Not happy at all with the service. We did not book our stay with them.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Prince Albert, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

When I made my reservation I specifically asked if there were gym facilities at this hotel and i was told yes. The next day I went and found out that there were gym facilities but that had been under renovations. When I checked in the front desk clerk (whom i suspect was the one that i made my reservation with) did not even so much as apologize and told me that there was nothing he could do. I felt that I was duped since this was my main request. I had asked for a room with 2 beds and I was only given 1 bed and when I went and asked about it the guy basically shrugged me off. The one positive thing I can say is that I was able to leave my car there while I was gone for the week, however, the shuttle service provider had a driver who bordered on harrassment as he kept hitting on my friend while he took us to the airport then asked her for a hug as a tip!!! If you like a hotel that gives you friendly, couteous staff who are respectful and helpful this is NOT the place I would recommend. It was definitely NOT worth the 130.00/night that they charged me. And the free continental breakfast closed at 7:00am!!! What kind of business does that??? I am not impressed at all.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Airport - Edmonton? Share your experiences!