Stayed here one night before we flew out of Edmonton. On the surface, the hotel is fine. Everything is clean and the rooms are nice. We stayed in a Kidsuite with our two children. It had a refrigerator, microwave, a bunkbed and a TV for the kids in addition to a King bed for Mom and Dad on the other side of a wall divider.
When we arrived, the halls were freezing cold but the room was fine. We explained that one of us would be getting up very early to fly out in the morning but the rest of the family would need late check out for a later flight. I scheduled a wake up call for 6 a.m.. When we got to the room the T.V. in the kids area didn't work and neither did the phone. We asked them to fix it and they did while we were at dinner. There really isn't much in the way of restaurants in the area. The clerk suggested Rosies which wasn't particularly great. When we got back, I cancelled my wake-up call since I decided I didn't want to risk waking the kids and my husband when I got up early to catch my fllight.
When we got back to our room we noticed the ear plugs in the bathroom about the same time that the first train went through. The tracks were about 75 yards from our window. We were without a doubt in the closest room you could be in to the tracks. At this point, we were unpacked and the kids were getting ready for bed. We hoped that that was the last train for the evening. Unfortunately, we were wrong and the trains came through about every two hours all night blowing their whistles loudly everytime. The room literally shook. The kids were up and exhausted. I was awake and exhausted. Finally, I heard the last train at about 3:30 a.m. and caught a few hours of sleep before getting up at 5:50. At 6:00 a.m., the wake-up call I'd cancelled came and re-woke up everyone in the family AGAIN. When I went out to catch the shuttle, I complained to the front desk clerk about the wake up call I'd cancelled and she looked it up and realized that although they'd crossed it out in their book, they forgot to cancel the computer code. Just a shrug and a sorry. Then I asked what they were thinking putting a family with little kids in right next to the tracks when she admitted there were other kidsuites in the building that were farther away from the tracks. Another shrug. When we checked in, I specifically told the clerk our situation, young kids going home with dad on a later flight so they could sleep in and enjoy the pool, I had to leave early to go to work that afternoon. Still, they failed to fix the wakeup call and put us in a Kidsuite that was sure to keep us up all night. I filled out a survey afterwards that was sent by the manager and never heard anything back. Nice facilities if you are a train buff, but the service is really lacking!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Nisku Hotel's Location is the Best near Edmonton Airport Looking for Edmonton Airport hotels? Look no further than the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Edmonton - International Airport, located in Nisku near the Edmonton Airport, and great Nisku and Edmonton attractions. While staying in our Nisku hotel, you'll be near attractions like Ritchie Brothers Auctioneers, golf courses and the Castrol Raceway. You can venture from our hotel to nearby Edmonton attractions, including the West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton City Centre, University of Alberta and Commonwealth Stadium. Stay with us at our Nisku airport hotel near Edmonton and enjoy big city entertainment with small town relaxation. Traveling to the Edmonton International Airport? Among hotels in our area, our Nisku hotel is the best choice for the business traveler. Our hotel has an event facility perfect for boardroom meetings and small gatherings. We offer a complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle service, free high-speed Internet access and a 24-hour Business Centre for your convenience. We are located near the 400 businesses inside Nisku Industrial Park, and many Edmonton industries. When flying to Edmonton International Airport, hotels can be the least of your worries when you stay in our Nisku lodging. You'll love our heated, indoor pool, the new water slide and state-of-the-art Fitness Centre. We hope you'll book your reservations with us today to enjoy one of the best Nisku hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Edmonton International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Edmonton International Airport Hotel Nisku
- Holiday Inn Express Nisku
- Holiday Inn Nisku
- Nisku Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Edmonton International Airport Nisku, Alberta