“Great restaurant. Will return.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 85 Restaurants in Okotoks
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Bistro 1882 is a casual Okotoks restaurant, 10 minutes south of Calgary
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Great restaurant. Will return.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stopped by this wonderful little place on May 10 for lunch with my mother and aunt. I had found it on Tripadvisor before hitting town. Can see that we were not disappointed. The building was old and very cute. The service was excellent. As more people arrived for the lunch hour, the waiter seemed to know the regulars but didn't forget the newbies.

The food - yum, yum. I picked this place because I was looking for something different from the chains and I'm sure glad I did. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

I will return some time and introduce hubby to this place.

• Visited May 2013

Okotoks, Canada
“Top notch food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Always had a great experience here. I have been to fancy "black-tie" French restaurants before and I must say the best part about Bistro is the casual atmosphere with amazing food.The lamb shank is to die for and falls off the bone without the need of a knife. The staff is well versed in the menu and is great in recommending wine pairings. It's great to have such a gem of a restaurant in Okotoks. A+++

• Visited March 2013
Okotoks, Canada
“Superlative service and taste. Never Disappoints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Tasty real French bistro fare not to be missed. Decor and ambiance very basic , perhaps dated yet charming of old world cafe BUT the FOOD is FANTASTIC. As a local, I frequent the bistro for both lunch and occasional dinner I often witness day trippers from Calgary that fill the small dining area and myself have never been disappointed with exquisite French dinner fare nor with anything off the generous lunch menu. Portions are ample and service is small town charming. Always reliable it's my go to for lunch here and compares to any five star FLAVOUR and I've indulged. I rate high because the taste, freshness, balance, and quality always consistent and win me over every time and is reflective or care and attention chef has devoted to patrons. Great location in unique 19 century building!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank OurFamilyTravelsLots
High River, Canada
“Great little restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Food is excellent and well prepared and presented. Lots of menu choice. Nice quaint atmosphere in a heritage building that was previously a post office. Staff is friendly and professional.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Travelchick1983
Okanagan Valley, Canada
“Every dish is an outstanding experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have eaten at the Bistro Provence at least a dozen times. The owner loves people and loves pleasing people. No request is too difficult. When you arrive you have a sense that you are amongst friends and family and are therefore encouraged to sit back and relax and take your time eating your many courses of delectable creations. His small wine assortment was carefully selected to please all palates. His French trained chef is creative and very much a perfectionist. I have visited Bistro Provence for celebrations as well as local conferences and would not hesitate to recommend it for family dining, special event or business meetings
Bon Appetite