“old timer keeps coming through” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 41 Restaurants in Olds
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sherwood Park
“old timer keeps coming through”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

lots of comfort food for a decent buck. Extensive menu but stick with proven winners like steak sandwich or hot hamburger. Home made soups are always good. Figure twenty bucks all in.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver Island
“Good food and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

In town for business and returned to this restaurant my husband had tried before. We weren't disappointed. The wait staff were very friendly and helpful. My husband had the veal cutlets (small portion) and I had the chicken fingers. Both portions were more than ample, in fact, I took half of mine home to have for lunch the next day. All food was tasty! I had one minor disappointment in that the padding in the booth bench was not adequate and I found the seating hard. But, in view of everything else, this was a minor complaint!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Olds, Alberta
“Nice place for lunch or an evening meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The ambiance at this restaurant is good and the food is consistently good with a varried western style menu. The portions are big, but some dishes can be ordered as 1/2 orders. The service was always good when I was there and it has become one of my favourite places to go for lunch - the lasagna has always been very good as well as the various salads available at lunch. Would recommend this restaurant for lunch or dinner

Visited December 2012
“Cedar wrap salmon.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Best salmon i have ever had. And im a B.C. Boy. Excellent. Good sevice. Nice bathrooms. The wife had chicken breast and was great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alberta
“I'm over this restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've been to this restaurant many times over the years. It used to be our go-to place for a great meal. I have given it "one more chance" 3 times now and I'm done.
My steak neptune has been so overcooked it's unbelievable and the bernaise sauce on top was a solid chunk. Yuck!
I'm okay with paying more for great food but when you wait 45 minutes for a well done steak when you ordered med-rare and there is no compensation - well enough said I think.
There is an older lady that has been waitressing there for as long as I've been going there and she is awesome. :)

• Visited October 2012