“Wow! Absolutely horrible” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 30 Restaurants in Strathmore
“Wow! Absolutely horrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I can understand how these people function on a daily basis. Buddy has one job and that is to take the order but I continually had to keep correcting him. Maybe if he was paying attention to the customer and not carrying on with his co worker he might get it right the first time. I ordered onion rings and a teen burger - no tomato. When I got home What I got was a teen burger WITH a tomato. The patty was so over seasoned that it was not even edible. The rings were burnt and also over seasoned that even the dog wouldn't eat it. I called to let them know and they wanted me to drive all the way back. Not likely. Lesson learned, I guess. I will drive to DQ if I need a burger that bad.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Calgary, Canada
“Better Hope They Get it Right...If |They Screw it Up its your fault”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

So we;ve been coming to the A&W for years. At one time it wasa Mr.Sub and gas station too but then it converted to an A&W only and thats when it all went wrong. Gone were the managers and owners who cared about their food quality.
The food is pretty good and the breakfast is pretty fast and cheap and of course you cant beat the rootbear. The problem with this location is they dont give a crap about whether your order is correct and if you take the time to complain and let them know..they brand you as a person trying to get free food. Most restaurant owners realize if someone takes the time to complain then they likely represent many other who dont bother to complain they just dont come back.
The arrogant owner here takes it a step further and says you are just tryng to get free food. What I'm trying to get is good quality food for the money I paid to them or in the case of the other day, just to get the food that I paid for.

So for weeks we have been taking out breakfast and for the last 4 weeks we order our food, get it home only to find items missing or the wrong item put in our bag. So back out into the cold to take the order back to the store to get it corrected.

Yesterday was the final straw. Our order was missing one item we paid for so we go back to the store to talk to the manager and get the item. The owner comes out and accuses us of trying to get free food. We paoint out to the "gentleman" that we have better things to do than drive the 10 minutes to the store to try and get $2.00 worth of free food. What a foolish thing to say. What we told him was we were tired of paying for good food and either not getting what we paid for and/or not getting our food item at all like today. So basically paying him for food and then not getting it. He then suggested that its been his experience that if he went to a restaurant and got continued bad service that he was wondering why we keep coming back. He said he wouldnt if it was him. This was the owner telling us that he wouldnt return to his own restaurant.
So we decided that this guy was right and we will never go back until this piece of work is gone.

Bottom line is this.....check your order, make sure its correct.. or btter yet go to Dairy Queen where the owner appreciate your feedback and acts on it. Good-bye Mr Arrogant there are lots of businesses in Strathmore that appreciate our business.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“If you need to refuel your tummy on Highway 1.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

An very good A & W. Very clean, with freshly prepared food and efficient service. This is the best fast food joint in town, by a long way. If you need to refuel on the Trans Canada, this is the place to stop. Also, it is far more accessable than its rivals.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Good Burger Joint right off the highway.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

This A&W is in a great location right off the highway. The drivethrough was busy when I went yesterday so I ran in and took a grand total of 3 minutes and I was back out before 2 cars went through the drive through. I ordered 3 special order burgers (plain) and they came out perfectly, and hot.
The ONLY complaint I had was the Diet Root Beer was basically all froth. The server joked about it but when I got to the car it was only froth. This means the tank was near empty and needed to be changed out.
Otherwise I'd stop here again.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jasper National Park, Canada
“Good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Good location directly off Hwy #1 and part of a little strip mall that has other convenient stores.

Visited June 2012