“Convenient and Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Strathmore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Langley City, Canada
“Convenient and Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I come to Strathmore annually to visit my inlaws. Previously I had been staying at a different hotel, which I never really liked. My wife booked a stay in this hotel by accident when she was here on her own and told me she preferred it.

This year we switched to the Days Inn and it was much better. We asked for a quiet suite and were lodged in room 416 for a week.

The rooms were decent/clean and the beds were comfortable. Our suite included a small fridge, microwave, coffee machine, small sink and cupboards in a small but useful unit. There were two Queens with a TV on one side of the suite and a work station, TV and couch on the other. These rooms had no real separation and would have had to ave some sort of divider instead of the shallow partial wall to really make it what I would classify as a suite. That being said it was quite comfortable and functional.

There was also a closet with an iron and ironing board.

The hotel has a small swimming pool, water slide and whirlpool/hot tub I did not use.

It has fruit and cookies available 24/7, and lots of items like tooth brushes at the front desk if you happen to forget yours like I did.

Has a breakfast available which has bacon, eggs, sausages and hash browns, but they are just in warming trays and didn't strike my fancy. But there were also waffles you could make yourself and yogurt, as well as coffee, fruit and juice. I was only awake early enough to see it once and only had the coffee. It was only available until 9:00 or 9:30, I can't recall which.

I had the water shut off on me in the middle of a shower one day. I thought the valve in the shower was broken, but it turns out they were doing some work and had to shut off the hot water. I felt they should have notified the guests in advance.

The hotel was very busy for the most part, but I slept late every day, and slept as well if not better than I do at home. That was a first for me. But the rooms are pretty soundproof and most of the noise comes from the hall. It is easy to keep the room dark, and the beds were good which helped a lot.

Gave us late chekout @ 1:00 cheerfully.

Staff were courteous and friendly.

Strathmore is a pretty small place with only three real hotels. I won't stay in either of the other two now. For my preferences this one is the best out of the three.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor are a must. The hotel puts work crews on the second floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
gmdaysinnstrathmore, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Strathmore, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hi Ross,

Thanks for the detailed review. We're glad you gave our hotel a try, even if it was by accident! It's too bad you missed our Hot Breakfast, we serve it every weekday from 5:30am - 9:30am and 5:30 - 10:00am on the weekends. We also apologize for the water, it was a quick fix that was not planned. We did the shutoff after checkout (11:30am) as to not disturb our guests, but unfortunately the shutoff happened at a less than opportune time for yourself. We do apologize for this inconvenience.

In any case, thanks for your kind words. We do our best to help guests out however we can. Whether it be a late checkout or a free toothbrush. Hope we see you again soon.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed for a weekend while visiting Strathmore in April. This was an excellent hotel, very quick service checking in and out. Large spacious room very clean. Continental breakfast in the morning was great. lots of choices and a lot of seating available. Nice pool and hot tub to relax in. Would definetly recommend to others and will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
gmdaysinnstrathmore, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Strathmore, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hi Jenn,

Thanks so much for the review, we're pleased you enjoyed your stay. I think you touched on almost everything we pride ourselves on. Hopefully we'll have the pleasure of hosting you again in the future.

Best Wishes,

Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Pre plan is always best, with the summer the manager made an extra effort to accomodate me when needed. thanks Doug.

No time to chech out the pool and Gym but it all looked well kept and in working order will get a chance next month as I will e back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

It was great. Staff friendly, rooms clean, bed very comfortable. The breakfast was perfect delicious, pool and hot tub very nice. I like the location, nearby Walmart, and all ather businesses, It was really nice to stay there. Thanks days inn,

• Stayed July 2013
gmdaysinnstrathmore, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Strathmore, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear guest,

Thanks for choosing us on your recent travels. We appreciate the positive feedback and we're glad you had a nice stay. Hopefully we will see you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Assistant Manager

Been to Days Inn and Suites Strathmore? Share your experiences!