I come to Strathmore annually to visit my inlaws. Previously I had been staying at a different hotel, which I never really liked. My wife booked a stay in this hotel by accident when she was here on her own and told me she preferred it.
This year we switched to the Days Inn and it was much better. We asked for a quiet suite and were lodged in room 416 for a week.
The rooms were decent/clean and the beds were comfortable. Our suite included a small fridge, microwave, coffee machine, small sink and cupboards in a small but useful unit. There were two Queens with a TV on one side of the suite and a work station, TV and couch on the other. These rooms had no real separation and would have had to ave some sort of divider instead of the shallow partial wall to really make it what I would classify as a suite. That being said it was quite comfortable and functional.
There was also a closet with an iron and ironing board.
The hotel has a small swimming pool, water slide and whirlpool/hot tub I did not use.
It has fruit and cookies available 24/7, and lots of items like tooth brushes at the front desk if you happen to forget yours like I did.
Has a breakfast available which has bacon, eggs, sausages and hash browns, but they are just in warming trays and didn't strike my fancy. But there were also waffles you could make yourself and yogurt, as well as coffee, fruit and juice. I was only awake early enough to see it once and only had the coffee. It was only available until 9:00 or 9:30, I can't recall which.
I had the water shut off on me in the middle of a shower one day. I thought the valve in the shower was broken, but it turns out they were doing some work and had to shut off the hot water. I felt they should have notified the guests in advance.
The hotel was very busy for the most part, but I slept late every day, and slept as well if not better than I do at home. That was a first for me. But the rooms are pretty soundproof and most of the noise comes from the hall. It is easy to keep the room dark, and the beds were good which helped a lot.
Gave us late chekout @ 1:00 cheerfully.
Staff were courteous and friendly.
Strathmore is a pretty small place with only three real hotels. I won't stay in either of the other two now. For my preferences this one is the best out of the three.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Days Inn and Suites Strathmore is conveniently located off the Trans Canada Highway. As Strathmore's newest accommodation, we offer free hot breakfast, business services, high speed internet, fitness facilities, and a pool area (featuring a hot tub and water slide). Whether you're traveling for leisure or business, we are confident our facility and service will exceed expectations. Situated just 20 minutes from Calgary and under an hour from Drumheller, we are comfortably located for your travel needs. From everyone at the Days Inn and Suites Strathmore, we hope to see you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Days Inn Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Days Inn and Suites Strathmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn And Suites Strathmore Hotel Strathmore
- Strathmore Holiday Inn
- Days Inn And Suites Strathmore Alberta