“Avg PUB” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Vancouver, Canada
“Avg PUB”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I keep trying to find this pub to be acceptable , but consistently the service is poor, the beer is cheap and the food is average. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
Pints are between $4.50 and $5.00 which is very good value, but the servers care more about posing and chatting up their friends than offering up done service, and earning tips.

The value is that they are close to Marine Drive, and the beer is well priced

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
B.C.
“Great place for a drink and snack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My friend and I were here on a Saturday night. The place was not too busy but the food and drinks were very affordable. When we mentioned that the first pitcher of beer was a little bit warm, the server was kind enough to serve our second pitcher of beer in a pitcher that holds ice in the centre to keep the beer cooler.

I have ranked this place very good because of the value and service.

Visited August 2012
Vancouver
“Great place bad food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Everything item on the menu is frozen, the staff are friendly once you get to know them but still even then they have been here so long they are sarcastic to you

The place is a great location but...

Calgary, Canada
“Awful service, awful food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I should have trusted the reviews on this place but it's so close to home and the deals sounded great. Should've known better. We went around 5 pm on a weeknight and there were only a few tables. Our server was super slow and unfriendly, so bad that I advised my partner not to leave a tip. Yes that bad! But we tipped anyways. The decor is dated, it's a shame as the location is great. The food, I don't know how you can really mess up on pub food, even with the deals I feel it wasn't worth it. If you live by this place and have gone by it with the intent to try it out one day...don't! Keep on driving! Seriously.

• Visited August 2011