“Good price, large portions !” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Thai House Restaurant Royale Metrotown

Thai House Restaurant Royale Metrotown
115 - 4600 Kingsway, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada (Maywood)
(604) 438-2288
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Maywood
Vancouver, BC
“Good price, large portions !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Good prices at this small thai restaurant, I often went on my lunch breaks, they offer $5.99-$6.99 lunch specials, so I usually order the chicken with peppers and basil leafs-very tasty - and they give a huge serving of rice on the side- If I eat this, I cant have dinner at nite.

• Visited September 2012

richmond, bc
“Good value lunch specials”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Food is not bad for lunch. Prices are reasonable for lunch. Tables are a bit tight. Good selection of curries.

Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious Take Out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

We had the "special menu" and they kindly subbed in the pad thai for the prawn and garlic dish. It was all delicious - green curry, pad Thai, great chicken satay and spring rolls. Pad Thai a little oily but tasted great. Overall good value and friendly delivery service. This is the second time we have ordered and we have been very pleased both times.

• Visited December 2011
Burnaby BC
“Pad Thai is not Spaghetti”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I used to love going to the Thai House Metrotown location. The food was delicious and the wait staff very friendly. I went again last Saturday evening with my fiancee and two of her family members from Victoria BC. I told my visitors how wonderful the food is at this restaurant.

I ordered the Royal Thai coconut and lichi drink with rum. My fiance ordered the virgin version of this drink. I rembered how wonderfully creamy and delicious this drink was the last time I ordered it. This time though it was extremely watered down.

My two visitors were in the mood for Pad Thai. When their dishes arrived it looked and tasted just like spaghetti with a cheap canned tomato sauce. This is Pad Thai? When i complained to the waitress she explained that this is the "New Tradition" pad thai. I wasn't aware that Thai people were adopting their cuisine to look and taste like cheap Italian food.

I ordered a chicken dish with Basil and onions and green and red peppers. The dish was obnoxiously salty. I asked for a replacement and it wasn't much better. Ninety percent of the dish was boiled green peppers. The rest was some bland chicken with onions, red peppers and basil. The basil was so over cooked I couldn't taste it. When the meal was finished and I asked the waitress for the bill I told her that this was the worst meal I've ever had here. She didn't seem to care. I wasn't offered any gesture of goodwill.

This place has seriously gone down hill. What a shame. I used to love this place but I will never return again. I had to apologize to my vistors from Victoria.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
richmond
“hmmmm delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

Love love the food and restaurant! They use large prawns for their dishes which you don't see often in other restaurants. We do all our family celebrations there. Always make excuses just to go there for dinner for any occassions. My favriote is yellow curry crab with seafood. Its finger licking good! Always ask the server to pack the left over sauce for my lunch tomorrow with rice. Bbq pork cheeks, calamaries, stuffed chicken wings, seafood lettuce wrap, beef and squid salad is always a must in our orders. Try it and enjoy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere