“Food is okay and service is bad” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Green Basil

Green Basil
4623 Kingsway, Burnaby, British Columbia V5H 2B3, Canada (Marlborough)
604.439.1919
Good for: Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marlborough
Decatur, Georgia
“Food is okay and service is bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I went to the Green Basil twice during my visit. The service was mediocre the first day. The food was so good that I looked past the service of the waitress. I came back a second day a few minutes before closing. The manager invited us in. At first I was happy that he accommodated us.
He then rushed us and we felt like we were being an annoyance. I told him that we would leave if there was a problem. I would have left but my friend wanted to stay. A couple came in after us. The staff was very rude to them.

The food on the second day was not as good. We were probably served leftovers. I would never go back there.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Sydney
“A good recommendation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The hotel i was staying at recommended this place when i asked where i could get some good Thai. I found the meals that i selected to be good Thai food. Not outstanding but good. Service was efficient with meals arriving very quickly. Staff were friendly enough. I would eat here again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Don't go there!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

This place has no ambience, it's staff do the job but don't seem to be interested, the food is very mediocre at best, and it is not worth the money you pay for your meal. Don't have the green papaya salad or the pad thai. Both are awful. The curries are ok but boring.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Good Food but POOR SERVICE!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I work in that area of town and I have been eating lunch at this place for the past few years. So, I have almost tried everything on their lunch menu and I should say that the food quality is good. Specially, the lunch special menu is good with a nice variety of dishes and the prices are very good for the portion. But I have had not so good experience with the service. The owner and the staff are not friendly at all. After many times that I have been eating there, the guy knows me very well but barely smiles. The staff are always rushed and want to get the bill in front of you before you are finished with your food. Decor is good but there are too many tables and chairs in such a small place and it can be very noisy during lunch time. Dinner menu is quite pricey for thai restaurant in Burnaby.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Green Curry Chicken Mmmmmm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner at Green Basil after it was reended by my hotel and I was really in Y&E mood for a green curry. It was amazing! And, I quite liked the decor and service. Price was a tad high (cuz I've had green curry just as good that cost half the price), but with the decor and service and the great good - definitely worth every cent.

• Visited May 2013