“Best chinese food we have eaten in a long time” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
vancouver, bc
“Best chinese food we have eaten in a long time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

We have been going to Burnaby Palace for a few years now, and usually order out. They never fail to impress us. Their food is not greasy, and is not loaded down with MSG. The noodles are crisp, their Ginger Fried Beef is spiced just right, and I absolutely love their Won Ton Noodle soup. Try the Buddha's Feast Vegetables as they are delicious. We have also tried and thoroughly enjoyed saeveral of their chicken dishes and my husband orders the Dry Garlic Ribs every time. The atmosphere is not the greatest, but it is very clean and the service is friendly. Every time we have been there the place is packed so you know it is a neighbourhood favorite.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, Canada
“Best Chinese Restaurant in Burnaby”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Great food, great selection, great service and great prices. Burnaby Palace is the best chinese restaurant I have been to in either Vancouver or Burnaby.

Visited December 2011
Burnaby, Canada
“Good quality food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

We went for lunch during the week. It was not as busy as usual, so we were seated quickly. The portions are generous and flavourful. They have a small parking lot on the side of the building, otherwise, there's street parking. It's usually rated highly in the local surveys.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Authentic Szechaun Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

Not sure what the previous poster is talking about. I do know that this place moved some time ago due to a fire or something. It is now on the corner of Boundary Rd at Canada Way, facing west. This is one of the bset places to find authentic SZECHUAN food. Every dish I`ve tried, over and over, has been very good to excelllent. The place is very clean and the atmosphere is better than you`d expect. The prices are quite reasonable and the portions are above average. Two of you can`t finish 3 entrees for lunch. The service is actually better than most asian food places.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver
“Poor, slow service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

Yesterday evening, I had dinner with my family and in-laws at Burnaby Palace Restaurant. We ordered 5 dishes and 20 minutes in I had a waitress check our food…. No response. At 45 minutes, I checked with the waitress again and she told me they were making food table by table. Then at the one hour mark, we got our food… but wait… only 3 of the 5 dishes came. When we asked about the other 2 dishes, a waiter checked on only 3 dishes were entered into the computer! He said that he give us a discount and give the 2 remaining dishes for free if we waited for them. Only one more dish came and we just decided to get the bill and leave. They ended up charging for the last dish that came.too. If my in-laws weren’t with me, I would have either 1) left at the 30min mark or 2) paid for whatever I thought was sufficient for the bill and caused a scene. The food is mediocre and is not worth the wait. During this time, I noticed that the takeout queue was moving faster. Beware of the horrible service if you are considering on going to this restaurant to dine.